What's new

My New Semogue Brushes

Just in from Portugal. have not had a chance to even wet them. Semogue Owners Club Boar and Semogue Owners Club 2 band Badger.

Next picture is my Semogue family. Left to right, 620, 830, SOC Boar, SOC Badger and 2010 LE Sliver Tip Badger.:001_smile

Attachments

• $IMG_0843.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 278
Do you own any other 2 band badgers to compare the Semogue Badger SOC against?

Nice collection. I'm a Semogue fan myself. My Boar SOC is so broken in that I believe it qualifies as a natural wonder.

Unfortunately not. All my badger brushes are either Sliver Tips or Best Badger quality. My other two band is currently in Rudy Vey's workshop as a part of the 75 LE B&B Butterscotch brushes that were offered in early April. Hope to receive it by sometime in May. I will be in a position to compare them by then.

By just the feel of the new dry knot, it has soft tips and a lot of backbone. It is a dense knot. The density is similar to my Semogue LE and my Shavemac D01.

I am also waiting on a Duke 3 to arrive this week. (YES I HAVE SBAD :tongue_sm) The Duke is in Best Badger and it will be my first Simpson. I'm eager to see how it compares.

Last edited:
I have the 620 and love it. I like the look of the SOC Badger. Thanks for the pic - now I know how it compares in size to the 620.

...Ray

I'm digging that lineup.

I am going to get some more to go with my 1460 and 830. I'm thinking both SOCs and the 610.

Very nice!

I've got a 2000 that's a little to big for me, SWMBO has it now.

I do have the 830 coming any day now! I can't wait :thumbup:

Unfortunately not. All my badger brushes are either Sliver Tips or Best Badger quality. My other two band is currently in Rudy Vey's workshop as a part of the 75 LE B&B Butterscotch brushes that were offered in early April. Hope to receive it by sometime in May. I will be in a position to compare them by then.

By just the feel of the new dry knot, it has soft tips and a lot of backbone. It is a dense knot. The density is similar to my Semogue LE and my Shavemac D01.

I am also waiting on a Duke 3 to arrive this week. (YES I HAVE SBAD :tongue_sm) The Duke is in Best Badger and it will be my first Simpson. I'm eager to see how it compares.

Beautiful setup! That SOC 2 band is just begging for a place in my den...
I always thought the D01 was a 2 band?:blushing:

really great collection,beautiful brushes..I do not own a semogue,and I am wondering if the wood handles have decals on them like the lucites,or are they inked,and then varnished over ?

I think that is the Cherry. It looks like mine, and my Cherry is beautiful!

It is cherry wood. It's just not as dark as the 2 band. As for the logo, it's burned into the wood with a laser. Laser etched. Very nice and cleanly done.

Ian, I'd say softer than Simpsons and the TGN I had back in the day, but not as soft at the tips as the cheapy Frank Shaving Finest or current Rooney Finest. No Shavemacs or "real" Rooney Finest to compare to. Soft and scrubby, with a tad more loft than usual (and a nice fan).

When you've used them, can you compare the 620 to the 830? I have the 830 and have found its "bloom" to be smaller and not as dense as my 1305. I'd like to find a clear-handled Semogue with a tuft that is in the medium-size range of the 1305.

When you've used them, can you compare the 620 to the 830? I have the 830 and have found its "bloom" to be smaller and not as dense as my 1305. I'd like to find a clear-handled Semogue with a tuft that is in the medium-size range of the 1305.

I am also interested in the 620, 830, and 1305. So, I would also be interested in any opinions/reviews.

According to Semogue by way of Bruno (Leon), the 830 is denser than the 1305. However, it's tied differently - the 1305 is a more straightforward knot where as the 830 is tied in more of a fan.

The 620 is going to be smaller and denser (IMHO) than the 830.

Maybe the 820? I haven't tried that one yet though.

According to Semogue by way of Bruno (Leon), the 830 is denser than the 1305. However, it's tied differently - the 1305 is a more straightforward knot where as the 830 is tied in more of a fan.

I don't think I quite get the differences, but in layman's terms, the 1305's knot seems to "spread out" more--larger in diameter, and presenting more 'stiffness'--than the 830, whose knot has a narrower 'diameter' and is less spread out and seems "softer" to me (and also take a lot longer to dry out after use). I prefer the 1305's knot a lot more. It makes better lather than the 830. As I said, if I could find a Semogue that combined the handle of the 830 with the knot of the 1305 I think I'd be in boar heaven.

Top Bottom