What's new

Castle Forbes Lavender

Hey Gents! What a good day. Placed my order with Royal Shave for some Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream. A bit expensive but have read great things about it. Also ordered some Castle Forbes Pre-Shave. This is suppose to be great stuff as well! I will post my reviews once I receive and use the products for a bit!:thumbup:

I have the CF lime, and absolutely love it. You will note it is a "hard consistency" cream - about halfway between a cream and a hard soap. Note also a little goes a long way. It is protective, EASY to lather, and smells wonderful (very strongly scented).

Enjoy!

CF Lavender is terrific stuff. I have had it in my rotation for over a year. The scent is sublime and it generates absolutely amazing lather. To get that lather, my recommendation is to load the brush in the jar and face lather. If you bowl lather just remember to smear it at the bottom otherwise it will not break down the cream completely.

Enjoy, while it's a bit on the pricy side it is one of the best on the market. IMHO, everyone should try one of the CF creams once.

CF Lavender is terrific stuff. I have had it in my rotation for over a year. The scent is sublime and it generates absolutely amazing lather. To get that lather, my recommendation is to load the brush in the jar and face lather. If you bowl lather just remember to smear it at the bottom otherwise it will not break down the cream completely.

Enjoy, while it's a bit on the pricy side it is one of the best on the market. IMHO, everyone should try one of the CF creams once.

I can't add anything to this recommendation. Castle Forbes may have a slightly steeper learning curve, but I believe it is the best of the best. You are in for a treat!

Castle Forbes creams in any scent are simply superb. The Lime Essential Oil is my absolute favourite.:001_wub: As stated above, load the brush directly from the tub and face lather for best results.

Got my Castle Forbes in yesterday. Great smelling stuff and of course I had to use it right a way. Good stuff! I think I had the brush to wet at first so I had to shake some of the water out. Will try again tomorrow. Can't wait! Left my skin nice and soft!:thumbup:

Got my Castle Forbes in yesterday. Great smelling stuff and of course I had to use it right a way. Good stuff! I think I had the brush to wet at first so I had to shake some of the water out. Will try again tomorrow. Can't wait! Left my skin nice and soft!:thumbup:
Congratulations and welcome to the club! Castle Forbes does have a bit of a learning curve as I mentioned in an earlier post, but it is well worth it. I found that it worked best for me to start by shaking out my soaked brush until it was just damp, loading it well from the tub and then face lathering while stopping frequently to lightly dip the brush tips in water. You will soon find your own "best" method but that was what worked for me. I love Castle Forbes, IMO it is really too good to be without.

You guys are all enablers:001_smile

I may have to break my "$10 or below" cream rule... but this has to wait until next month...SWMBO would kill me if I order anything this month. Is there a good deal somewhere, may be a smaller size? I was thinking of the lavendar one.

I may have to break my "$10 or below" cream rule... but this has to wait until next month...SWMBO would kill me if I order anything this month. Is there a good deal somewhere, may be a smaller size? I was thinking of the lavendar one.

It's a really dense cream. Denser than Cella and uses small amounts to get enough lather. Dollar wise it isn't too bad but that perspective usually still doesn't get much traction with most SWMBO:laugh:

Yes we are enablers :biggrin1: This is an excellent cream and it smells divine. I have the lime the lavender and the pre-shave. I love them all. I've tried the aftershave and it is top notch as well. I plan on ordering both from here: http://www.99perfume.com/search//1/Castle_Forbes//asc
They have good prices if you don't want to buy the big tub. I have not ordered from them yet so I can't comment on there service but I will be giving them a try.

Last edited:
I agree! You are all enablers! I used it again last night and this time I went in with a damp brush and used a bowl for a few swhirls just to get cream deeper into the brush and to break in down a little. Then I basically faced lathered. What a difference. Really impressed! I'm a Castle Forbes groupie now! :lol:

Been getting into the CF Limes as the weather turned warmer. Now, with all the CF Lavender talk I am going to have to give it a try....

+1111:thumbup: i have all three flavors , Lime,Lavender and Cedar/sandalwood and love all three . My technique is to shake out the wet brush then apply a dollup on the brush head then face lather .. works great and your not using a ton by rubbing it in the tub.I.Also have the matching after shave balm for all three. The only scent I can't stand was the cedar/sandalwood YOMD:thumbup: tho.. But top notch and a tub last a very long time

OH MAN 1000 Posts ....yeah..

I agree! Don't care for the cedar/sandalwood scent! Absolutely love the lavender though!
+1111:thumbup: i have all three flavors , Lime,Lavender and Cedar/sandalwood and love all three . My technique is to shake out the wet brush then apply a dollup on the brush head then face lather .. works great and your not using a ton by rubbing it in the tub.I.Also have the matching after shave balm for all three. The only scent I can't stand was the cedar/sandalwood YOMD:thumbup: tho.. But top notch and a tub last a very long time

OH MAN 1000 Posts ....yeah..

Just a fair warning, Castle Forbes Lavender will attract honey bees in the spring time. I found this out the hard way this morning!:blushing:

Top Bottom