What's new

Castle Forbes Lavender

Yes we are enablers :biggrin1: This is an excellent cream and it smells divine. I have the lime the lavender and the pre-shave. I love them all. I've tried the aftershave and it is top notch as well. I plan on ordering both from here: http://www.99perfume.com/search//1/Castle_Forbes//asc
They have good prices if you don't want to buy the big tub. I have not ordered from them yet so I can't comment on there service but I will be giving them a try.

I just ordered from there as well - you can use the promotion code take10 and get 10% off of what is already a good price.

I just ordered from there as well - you can use the promotion code take10 and get 10% off of what is already a good price.

Look for my earlier thread about ordering from them for the code I used. Think it was 15off or something. Don't be afraid to order the CF testers from them either. I got a bottle of their preshave and the only difference aside from the price was that it had no box and had a sticker that said "tester" on it that came right off. The bottle and everything else is exactly the same. You'll be surprised when the cream arrives as it is much larger than you'd think. I'm glad I shared this vendor with everyone as it seems to be a hit.

Yeah lowhawk found a great deal the best cream at the best price. Usually I can find great deals but that one was a diamond in the rough

I'm glad you shared the vendor as well - although I didn't see your earlier post. I'm not too concerned about the 15% vs 10% discount code - my order was only $20!

Did you try the Pre-Shave? Any initial impressions to share?

I posted a review on it. I actually like it. I've heard some people complain about it's scent, but I found it fairly light and it just smells like natural-type ingredients. Nothing perfumey and it does not seem to have any added ingredients for the purpose of scent. It's nice that it's water based and I've not noticed any clogging issues. Seems to do a nice job prepping and lifting hairs. Like I said in the review I posted...do you need this? No. Do you need any preshave oil, or other kind of lotion? No. I like it though and it seems to add a mild difference for the better. In my opinion from someone who has tried many different PS products I don't think you could really do much better. The only other PS products I've tried and really liked is L'Occitane, nice and light oil, not gummy and Proraso Pre/Post. I seem to remember liking Origins offering too, but that was a while ago. I wouldn't pay the full price $50 or whatever for it (or any other PS for that matter), but for the half price I got it for I'd probably buy it again.

I am in complete agreement with your assessment lowhawk. I finished my tub of CF Lavender cream at the same time as I finished my bottle of the Pre-Shave. I will be replacing both at my earliest convenience. I liked the water based factor and how it felt like nothing on my skin and did not gunk up my brush and blade as oil based products are prone to. IMO this stuff works exactly as described, and no, you don't need it, but used properly, it does make a noticable difference.

I haven't tried the cream, but I recently tried the Lavender Balm. Did not foresee the response from springtime honey bees. I walked to my mailbox the other morning after my first application and was surprised to find how many admirers I had. Apparently it is an authentic scent to the insect world!:tongue_sm

I used some of the Lavender today, dipped my Rooney 2Xl in a face lathered a nice lather. Got 3 nice passes though it did not feel quite as smooth/moisturized after even after applying balm as Cella, AOS soap, Harris soap, etc. maybe due to the lack of Tallow?
I will do another shave tomorrow, then Mon. with AOS cream to see if I get the same result.

I used some of the Lavender today, dipped my Rooney 2Xl in a face lathered a nice lather. Got 3 nice passes though it did not feel quite as smooth/moisturized after even after applying balm as Cella, AOS soap, Harris soap, etc. maybe due to the lack of Tallow?
I will do another shave tomorrow, then Mon. with AOS cream to see if I get the same result.
mhdena,
Castle Forbes Lavender is my favorite cream. I find it to be supremely cushioning and protective, but it will never be ranked among the great moisturizing creams.
It isn't exactly drying either. I think of my skin feeling somewhat powdered and soft after shaving with CF, even after applying the CF Lavender ASB.
Still my favorite though, both for perfomance and amazing scent.

Top Bottom