What's new

My new DE adventure

OK. So I decide to start my DE shaving adventure, and I order some razors from Shave A Buck (very good prices by the way).

I am not new to blade shaving, I started on a Schick injector as a kid.

Switched over to the cartridges like everyone else and have gone through the escalation of the blade wars. I got fed up with the price about 2 years ago, and my oldest son talked me into electrics.

Anyway, that never lasted and I was always going back to the blade to get a good shave by the end of the week. Mostly used the Gillette multi blade jobs.

Since I had an old brush and mug (Old Spice) laying around somewhere, I figured I would just use those. Of course, I got them out and used them with my cartridge razor while waiting for my order to arrive.

That brush was pretty spent. So I start looking on line, and oh my... how many kinds of brushes can you get?

Being basically frugal (cheap?), I am scouring the local Drug Stores for an economical replacement to get me by till I can figure it out.

CVS has a premium shave kit (soap, bowl, brush) for $3.49 with the CVS card. It is exactly the same as the Van Der Hagen kit except for the box.

I scarfed that up and it is NOT bad. Just used it tonight for my first DE shave.

Run, Runaway now before the AD's get you!! Sure, it starts out innocent enough a new soap a tube of cream and then the next thing you know you have more cream and soap than most women have makeup!

Top Bottom