What's new

1941 Ranger Tech ?

It was replated in rhodium. The 1941 doesn't have endcaps, and is exponentially more common than the 1946 and thus worth $30 vs "$?"

or it could be the lighting ? or maybe not.

Could be but that looks like brassing. The other photos of that auction show discoloration at the same part of the knob.

The biggest problem with replates IMHO is that you have no idea who did it. Could have been a top-quality job that will last a generation, or it could be very thin and will wear down quickly.

I am thinking the seller believes it to be rhodium plated, and it not aware it's just nickle plated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking the seller believes it to be rhodium plated, and it not aware it's just nickle plated.

Considering he knows what it is, I don't think its a mistake. I think its a replate, because it looks more lustrous than it should

I received this from the seller.

"Hi There, Yes I Did Replate This one in Rhodium as i Do Have Nickel One's Also:} and Your 100% Right On The Factory Finish Which Was Done In Nickel. Thxs For Your Interest And Enjoy Your Evening."

And regarding posting the ebay link, I thought it was acceptable when there is a BIN option???

If there is the option to bid, then posting a link is not ok. Only when the listing is strictly BIN is it allowed

I agree with Nick. If someone bids, that BIN will be disappeared. Fyi, this one is auction type listing with BIN option not a BIN listing.

Top Bottom