What's new

Worst shaving injury you have ever had?

Mine just happened yesterday.
I was shaving with my new Arko, i had rubbed the stick on my face, made some SPECTACULAR lather, and was shaving. I had finished with my cheeks, jaw and neck, and was starting on my mouth area.

I did my upper lip and was doing my bottom lip when the blade caught my lip. I did not come out with just a cut or nick. I managed to slice a 1/2 inch long 2mm wide piece of skin off my bottom lip. Surprisingly it only hurt for a few seconds, but the blood, OH GOD THE BLOOD. There was so much of it i thought i was going to have to go get stitches.

Anyway, i used up a quarter of a roll of paper toweling, and after 2 hours the bleeding finally stopped.

I was going way too fast and i got punished for it. Did i mention that i found the piece of skin under the blade in my razor? no? Yeah, that kind of freaked me out when i found that.

My wife just got a call from her cousin about his wife, she thought she had a boil on her leg and it would pop on it's own in a week. After 2 weeks she went to the Doctor and thought he would just lance it and that would be it. Wrong!!! it was a infection from her shaving the doctor thinks. She has already had 2 in office surgerys and has a pump on her leg to draw out the infection. We don't know for sure but we think it is a staff infection.So please tell your wifes, girlfriends, mons and sisters to clean those razors after use. even the throw away kind. Granite this doesn't happen very often but it's hell when it does.

Holy crap Fine Wine!!!

SilverKarn, what razor were you using - DE, SE, Straight, Sharp Rock?
The closest I have ever gotten to a serious cut was about the same experience as yours (but to a much lessor extent), those pesky lips:laugh:

Just a couple of days ago too.

I was rinsing the straight razor and got distracted for a split second by a spider crawling on the mirror. The razor went in about half an inch into my finger... no pain whatsoever... but yeah, the blood wouldn't stop for a bit. I kept my finger under cold water for about 10 minutes, then put a band aid on... I must say, the razor did a real clean cut... 2 days later, the whole piece is literally stuck back and you cannot see a scar at all. Only think still visible is a red line of blood underneath the skin... fun times.

Good thing my GF was not home to see that... she'd pass out.

A couple of years ago I was using a gem SE and inserted a new blade, did not notice that one blade edge went under the leading hook as it should have, and the other edge was resting on top of its hook.

Never felt a thing, just confused when I saw a 6 inch bloodline on the right side of my face, finally realized I had screwed up and wiped the soap and blood off, I had "plowed" a 4 inch long furrow about an eighth of inch wide on the right side of my face

immeditately I saw the misaligned blade when I look at the razor

healed completely, no scar; always double check SEs and DEs now
ken

My wife just got a call from her cousin about his wife, she thought she had a boil on her leg and it would pop on it's own in a week. After 2 weeks she went to the Doctor and thought he would just lance it and that would be it. Wrong!!! it was a infection from her shaving the doctor thinks. She has already had 2 in office surgerys and has a pump on her leg to draw out the infection. We don't know for sure but we think it is a staff infection.So please tell your wifes, girlfriends, mons and sisters to clean those razors after use. even the throw away kind. Granite this doesn't happen very often but it's hell when it does.

Just curious, do you know what she was shaving with? Saftey razor, cartridge, bic disposable, etc.? Not that it matters I guess.

Well guy's... my WORST shaving accident was the day that my lovely wife, cut herself by grabbing into a old and used Feather blade, that was laying around... she bleed like hell...
Actually, that bleeding wasn't so bad after all...
BUD....
in her other hand, she had a very heavy (cast iron) backing pan...
AND THAT HURTS!!!!! :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

I have been quiet blessed to never did more that a few nicks of the nose and lips when I was in JR high and just starting shaving with an Injector.

Very sedomly have I told this story especially here but I was seeing if my straight was shave ready with the hair test and instead of dropping the hair I held it and chopped at it with the razor, I missed and went halfway through my nail and into my finger it hurt real bad, took forever to heal to

nothing serious, just knocked the top off of a zit or big ingrown or something... took a millimeter diameter circle of skin off, that didn't stop bleeding for a while. Didn't hurt at all, though. Unfortunately, I had left my styptic at home.

Holy crap Fine Wine!!!

SilverKarn, what razor were you using - DE, SE, Straight, Sharp Rock?
The closest I have ever gotten to a serious cut was about the same experience as yours (but to a much lessor extent), those pesky lips:laugh:

I was using a flair tip superspeed.

Once I was using my Merkur slant and the razor had a little too much lather on the handle, and it slipped out of my grip during a rinse, and I instinctively grabbed to catch it, only the blade caught me!

There's a P&G exec reading this thread, tapping his fingertips together and thinking, "Excellent."

Steve

P.S. I've caught my lip twice with my DE in four years. I remember them quite clearly. Jumped back each time, then slowly approached the mirror to see how much damage I had done. Not much (but more than a weeper), but it did get my attention.

Feather artist club Japanese razor, loaded with pro whatever blades, the real sharp ones.

I figured since grampy taught me years ago the straight razor thing, I could resort back to the lessons of yesteryears and work magic on this little beauty.

WRONG!!:w00t::w00t::w00t:

The first time I placed the blade on my Left cheek/ear area, slice...reseated again...slice, and one more try, slice.....OUCH!!! Dammit man!! Maybe I will try my Right cheek/ear area, place blade, slice, etc etc....I have a little birth defect on my right ear right near my sideburns, it looks like a big pimple....Well, not after that morning I dont.....sliced it clean off!!!! I was soooo shell shocked, I couldnt even lay the razor against my skin without slicing myself. I was JINXED, and I had it BAD!!! I needed a neck tourniquet stat!! I must have sliced myself 10+ times that day.....Sold it the next day. :thumbdown

+3 ear sutures..........:blushing:

Worst thing I've had was when I was changing the blades in one of my DE's. I was changing the blade in my HD on my counter top, and it somehow shot off the top when I bumped it. I'm not sure whether it was instinct or the fear of cracking the tile, or chipping the finish but I shot my foot out under the head to "pad" the fall. Needless to say I padded the fall of the razor with the spot right between my 4th&5th toes. 7 stitches later I decided I'd never do that again...

No scars on the face other than some from my youth that are not noticeable at all really.

Top Bottom