What's new

Trac II cartridges

Ive been using the Trac II exclusively for the past couple months, and I am really liking it. Ive been using the Personna Twin II plus cartridges, and find them adequate but a little rough. Are the wilkinsons available at Wal Mart a better cartridge? What do you prefer for your Trac II? Also, do the Wilkinson's at Wal Mart fit both the Atra and Trac II, or do they make a cartridge for each?

Last edited:
If you have a Dollar General close by grab a pack if their Trac II compatible blades made by Dorco. They're only $1.25 for a six pack and a lot of us have had pretty good results with them.

If you have a Dollar General close by grab a pack if their Trac II compatible blades made by Dorco. They're only $1.25 for a six pack and a lot of us have had pretty good results with them.

+1

I use the Trac II very frequently, and I really like the Dollar General Dorco blades (which are dual fit, they also work on an Atra).

The Wilkinson Sword Trac II/Atra blades (they too are a combo blade usable by both) are also very good quality blades.

Vastly superior to the "Personna Twin II Plus" which I consider to be absolute junk usable for at best one shave each. I have a small stock of them (I think down to about 8 blades) that I have been using for one shave each just to get rid of them (being value conscious, I didn't want to simply throw them away).

Any photos of the packaging any of these come in? I'm mostly curious.

I only have access to the Personna Twin II Plus these seem to work well and last long.

Where are your Personna Twin II Plus made in?

Last edited:

i like these myself. even though they slide right off the Trac. luckily i have a Schick Ultra (ATRA) handle they work great with. i like the shape of the cart. its rounded just like the Gillettes. the personna/wilkis have a ramp like head that i didnt like near as much.

i like these myself. even though they slide right off the Trac. luckily i have a Schick Ultra (ATRA) handle they work great with. i like the shape of the cart. its rounded just like the Gillettes. the personna/wilkis have a ramp like head that i didnt like near as much.

I know some other guys have had the same problem with the DG Dorks, but they fit fine on my Trac II and Bump Fighter handles.

I like the Gillette Trac II Plus blades (w/lubrastrip).

proxy.php

I found the Wally Wilks sharper that the DG Dorcos or Personnas.
Out of the twin blade carts, my favorite is the Gillette Atra.

i like these better than the Personnas but for some reason they slide right off my Bump Fighter/Trac II handle. they work perfectly with my Schick Ultra/ATRA handle .

I ended up picking up a pack of Wilkinson Trac II cartridges, and they are a hundred times better than the Personnas. The Personnas are very rough compared to the Wilkinsons. I just tossed my first cartridge after 6 quality shaves. I could tell it was starting to get a little dull during this shave, so I figured 6 is good enough.

Top Bottom