What's new

Cleaning a PAL Injector

Could anyone outline the best way to sanitize a Pal adjustable injector that has a blade crammed in there seemingly forever? I wish the thing opened up like an old schick but no luck. I also have to be careful bc of the plastic handle. Toothbrush gets in there well enough or do you need something with more oomph to de-gunk an injector?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I find that dental floss is invaluable when cleaning up injectors that won't open - you can work it in & around behind the spring & head, and find all sorts of gunk, some of which you may wish you hadn't. It will pull stuff out after the toothbrush is through.

Such a pain. Such an otherwise lovely piece of design (pal injector) is marred by being such a ***** to clean thoroughly. Schick must have patented every way humanly possible to open an injector head.

You might try a pipe cleaner run through and around the head. It's a little bigger than dental floss but it cleans between the layers of metal better.

Have you tried putting in a new blade, partway, then pulling the old one out with a pair of pliers on the exposed end. You can usually push the new blade back into the cartridge if you have not pushed it into the razor too far.

Top Bottom