What's new

English Wilkies

I have 7 Classic Wilkinson Sword blades. On the wrapper it says "Made in England". These came with my English travel kit. I am wondering, are these stainless steel or carbon? If they are stainless, does anybody know if they shave worth a darn?

Thanks!

They should be stainless.
Vintage Wilkinsons, especially Light Brigades,
are some of the best blades I have ever used. Give them a try.
proxy.php

The back of the card says:

Wilkinson Sword continues to bring you the blade
that is the standard of leadership in shaving.

We trust that each Wilkinson Sword blades meets
your standards.

Last edited:
They should be stainless.
Vintage Wilkinsons, especially Light Brigades,
are some of the best blades I have ever used. Give them a try.
The back of the card says:

Wilkinson Sword continues to bring you the blade
that is the standard of leadership in shaving.

We trust that each Wilkinson Sword blades meets
your standards.

Mine have the same styling with the black bars but say only "Wilkinson Sword" but no Chromium Edge. The blade has two letters...G and V. Is it possible to date these blades based on those letters?

ive got a 5 pack, unopened. England made wilkie swords, the chromium type. Packaging looks like they are from the 1970s.
Clearly says "made in england" on the back.

If someone wants them, PM me. trade me something.

I must say, I am anxious to try these classic English Wilkies now but they will have to fall in line behind my other blades on my "Want to Try" list. I have been on a Gillette tear lately and just got a pack of new Gillettes to try!

Well, then, they sure do look similar. I am anxious to try them out. My luck, they will be the best thing I ever used and then I won't be able to find anymore! LOL!

I have a bunch of brit-made wilk "super sword edge". They're really good. They remind me of schick plus platinums, only smoother. I've hoarded about a hundred of them, and I'll have to put them back in rotation at some point.
-- Chet

Top Bottom