What's new

First shave with a Feather/Feather

This morning I did my first shave with a feather all-stainless razor and a feather blade with great results. After about 6 week of De shaving first with derby's then with KAI blades which I liked but today the Feather blade was great.:thumbup1:

Awesome razor, awesome blade, what could possibly go wrong... LOL
Were you nervous at all with the feather blade? I was the first time I opened the pack, but I blame all the people here for that. "They're so sharp", as if a razor blade isn't sharp enough. Thanks for the anxiety everyone. :lol:

Awesome razor, awesome blade, what could possibly go wrong... LOL
Were you nervous at all with the feather blade? I was the first time I opened the pack, but I blame all the people here for that. "They're so sharp", as if a razor blade isn't sharp enough. Thanks for the anxiety everyone. :lol:

Quick answer YES, but the toughest part was taking the wrapper off the blade it had what looked like a couple of glue drops in the center of the blade stuck to the wrapper.:thumbdown

Got home tonight and my new Feather razor was in the mailbox. It came with 5 Feather blades I believe plus the vendor included another free 10 pack of Feather blades. Will probably not use Feather blades in my first try as I have not tried these blades in any of my razors yet. Looking forward to trying both the new razor and the blades soon. As someone lese mentioned, it probably the hype that has me a little cautious in trying these. I had enough nicks learning these last few months and finally have the combination to not get any nick for the last week or so.

No fear about using a Feather/Feather combination. The razor itself is a bit mild, which is welcome with a Feather blade. Nice smooth shave!

Quick answer YES, but the toughest part was taking the wrapper off the blade it had what looked like a couple of glue drops in the center of the blade stuck to the wrapper.:thumbdown

Yeah, that glue makes it worse. I have short fingernails, so I used another blade to flip the paper open. I found myself holding it like a lightsaber without knowing where the on/off switch was.

I'm ok now, just the first time had me a little on edge. (no pun intended)
I love them in my Gillette short comb, but would love to try the Feather/Feather combo. I'd imagine that they were designed for each other.

Anyway, have fun with your new razor. :001_smile

Top Bottom