What's new

Buying Shoes when one foot is bigger than the other

Gents,

Unfortunately, my left foot is approximately 1/2 size smaller than my right. I've only noticed it in the past few years, as I always just wore tennis shoes or other lace up shoes when I was younger. I'm 26, and would like to buy a couple pairs of loafers or mocassin type shoes to wear with jeans. Tennis shoes just look out of place with jeans and a button up shirt. I tried a few pairs on last night, and the right one would fit perfectly, but the left one would slip around. I know, the simple solution is to buy lace up shoes and hope for the best.

Does anyone know of any type of shim or something that I could put in the heel of the left shoe to take up that extra half inch or so of room? I've seen the heel cup things, but it seems that they would raise my foot higher, which wouldn't necessarily be a good thing when wearing an already low-cut loafer.

i've lived with my left foot being 1/2" - 5/8" larger than my right for my entire life. it does make shoe fittings interesting, i'll give you that. :001_rolle

i don't have a solution for you per se. rather, i'm just here to commiserate with you.

although, depending on your shoe size, we could start buying and trading since my left is longer and your right is longer. :lol::lol:

Everyones feet are different, probably not by that much however it's not as unusual as you may think. I guess unless you are flush with cash and can have custom made shoes orthotics are what you need.

Top Bottom