What's new

Does anyone know anything about Binoculars?

ive been searching Ebay for binoculars and i found these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270124342880&rd=1&rd=1

80x magnification? thats a lot, and for 22.99 buy it now?

does anyone know if these binoculars are any good? i know the saying "you get what you pay for" and "if it seems to good to be true, it problably is"

i know they wont be as good as 80x name brand binoculars, but i have to know, has anyone here even seen these binoculars in real life?

80 times magnification? I find that hard to believe, especially for $23! you don't find many binos over 20x and they are almost impossible to hold steadily enough to see anything through the wobbling! If they are really 80x, you'd need a solid tripod to use them.

I think the seller is being economical with the truth and is using some strange method of calculating the magnification. I'd be surprised if the objective lenses are 80mm either. They don't look that big to me.

Caveat emptor!

Gareth

The old caveat You get what you pay for is never more applicable than with optics.

Good binos will last a lifetime, cheap ones will never satisfy.What are your plans for them? Birding and field work may require extended use, eye strain is very common with less than very good sets. 6-7-8 X power magnification is optimal for handheld use.

Get back to us and based on what you are using them for and your budget
we can sort it out.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Even 10X binoculars are very difficult to hold without image stabalization. I know what you're thinking- wow, 80X is bigger than 10X.

The point is to actually see what you're looking at, which I highly doubt you'll be able to do with these. If you can't afford a good pair (no shame in that), you certainly can't afford to throw away 20 bucks on junk.

Do yourself a favor SilverKarn...don't buy those things. Its a waste of money. Sorry to be blunt but I echo what the others have said. Figure out what you can spend & what you plan to do with them. Most folks who plan to birdwatch or watch a football game from the nosebleed section will do just fine with a $50 brand name pair of binos. OTOH, a professional hunting guide would invest several hundred in a good pair. So, it's all relative & you definitely get what you pay for. But a good pair would last a lifetime.

Definitely echo what was said. I would also suggest checking binos out in person. Look through them and see what looks best to you. As Jim stated, if you can let us know what you want to spend and what they will be for we can point you in the right direction.

Top Bottom