What's new

Giving up on Feather Popular

I bought this razor to have a lightweight razor that came with a case for travel. It looked perfect. I can get a decent shave, but it's too many passes, too much work, and never really a great shave compared to my Parker 82.

This morning I used a new Feather blade (yellow box) and the shave was mediocre. I realize the angle is different and I've used this razor at least 60 times with an assortment of blades (for the record, Astra worked best).

Nice razor and case, but too mild. Results for me are so much better with the Parker that I am giving up on this.

I'm sure someone else would get use out of it so you could always PIF it?

I'm a newb so the popular is the only DE i've used. Been about 2 and a half weeks now and in 3 passes i can get BBS or near BBS every time (Feather blades). I'm happy with it for now
:thumbup1:

Just tried this razor. It looks and feels very cheap in the hand but for me it was a very mild yet very effective shave with a feather blade. In the beginning I needed a real aggressive razor to get a good shave but now I'm finding I get much better results with mild razors that used to not work for me.

PIF it...I started with one and quickly moved on. It showed me I could get as good a shave as a cart with less irritation, but I soon found better razors. Gave it to a friend.

Top Bottom