What's new

Is this safe?

I bought a Sanguine X-D20 and one of the older shavettes ages ago except I never really had the time to try them out. I decided that I would give it a whirl today and so I loaded both up with half an Astra SP and did a couple of checks on the razor (I'm putting an open razor sharp blade up against my skin without a guard or a comb...better safe than :behead:). Blade exposure on the X-D20 was even, however I did notice that there is a slight gap in between the two plates on both razors. The blade can wiggle very slightly from side to side (ONLY side to side. It doesn't move in any other direction):

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My question is, is it safe to shave with these?

As one who only uses disposable blade straights, I wouldn't, something is wrong here.

You can pick up a good Parker disposable blade straight, along with a good supple of blades for right around 20 bucks. :thumbup1:

That one you have looks down right scary. :death: :a46:

The only thing I'm prepared to use it for (and have used it for) is tidying up edges and corners when I I'm not clean shaven (if I don't have time for example). How is the quality control on the Parkers?

The only thing I'm prepared to use it for (and have used it for) is tidying up edges and corners when I I'm not clean shaven (if I don't have time for example). How is the quality control on the Parkers?

Check out the Parker SRW. I find this to be a well made, nice shaving razor. Plus the cost won't break the bank. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom