What's new

DE First Timer

Hey guys,
I've got a few posts out already in pif's and questions, but I decided since I finally pulled the trigger and got myself some gear I should post and introduce myself.

My name is Jake, I'm 20, living in western MA, attending college at WNEC, currently a Junior in the IT department.

I work for The LEGO Group, (those brilliant little plastic bricks!!) and love every minute of it. I'm currently working in customer services as sort of a hybrid advisor/product development, but soon I will likely make the move to the IT department.

I picked up a 1966 Gillette super speed, a cheap tweezerman brush, a small blade sampler, CO Bigelow cream and some Col Conk shave soap.

No LEGO sets for me for a bit, but that's okay!! I have a few shaves under my belt, but still trying to get that shave close, (still working my way through a few derby's)

Maybe I'll get a few pics of some of my LEGO shenanigans up here later if you guys are interested :biggrin1:

After bumping around a bit on here I'm amazed at the generosity of you all, and coming from many car forums, I must say it is VERY refreshing to be in such a NICE community!! :thumbup:

Even lurking here is nicer than posting elsewhere :lol:

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be around quite a bit!

Jake

Welcome aboard B&B. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Looks like you are off to a good start. Practice and patience will pay off with better and better shaves.

Jake, we're glad you exposed yourself at last! Next time, do show some lego shaving art! Also, do get a blade sampler. When you find the sweet one for your experience, stick with it for a while, and then sample all again. You technic will be enhanced with a blade that seems sweet to you!

Jake, we're glad you exposed yourself at last! Next time, do show some lego shaving art! Also, do get a blade sampler. When you find the sweet one for your experience, stick with it for a while, and then sample all again. You technic will be enhanced with a blade that seems sweet to you!

My Technic will be enchanced?! :w00t:

proxy.php

I kid!
LEGO shaving art, as in builds of razors and such?
I'll see what I can cobble together with what I've got at my desk! :thumbup1:

Thanks for the very warm welcome guys!!

I've got a sampler here with some derby's, personnas, and a few other goodies. The derby's seem that they don't get quite close enough, but so far fine to learn on.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Jake:
First of all, I think Congrats are in order on your 1st DE Shave.
proxy.php

proxy.php

It sounds like you are well on your way to (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), excellence. As always, we're here to assist you in your DE experience. :yesnod:

Christopher
proxy.php
"A razor can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Anonymous

Today I finally make my way through the derby's in my sampler, and im trying a personna platinum now. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I can't wait to keep going! :)

Hey guys,
I've got a few posts out already in pif's and questions, but I decided since I finally pulled the trigger and got myself some gear I should post and introduce myself.

My name is Jake, I'm 20, living in western MA, attending college at WNEC, currently a Junior in the IT department.

I work for The LEGO Group, (those brilliant little plastic bricks!!) and love every minute of it. I'm currently working in customer services as sort of a hybrid advisor/product development, but soon I will likely make the move to the IT department.

I picked up a 1966 Gillette super speed, a cheap tweezerman brush, a small blade sampler, CO Bigelow cream and some Col Conk shave soap.

No LEGO sets for me for a bit, but that's okay!! I have a few shaves under my belt, but still trying to get that shave close, (still working my way through a few derby's)

Maybe I'll get a few pics of some of my LEGO shenanigans up here later if you guys are interested :biggrin1:

After bumping around a bit on here I'm amazed at the generosity of you all, and coming from many car forums, I must say it is VERY refreshing to be in such a NICE community!! :thumbup:

Even lurking here is nicer than posting elsewhere :lol:

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be around quite a bit!

Jake

I like your setup very much. The SuperSpeed is a nice shaver and the Tweezerman was my first brush. You're trying different blades and are giving yourself a chance to sample both soaps and creams. :thumbup1:

I like your setup very much. The SuperSpeed is a nice shaver and the Tweezerman was my first brush. You're trying different blades and are giving yourself a chance to sample both soaps and creams. :thumbup1:

So I have this problem where anything I do I go all out...I've already ordered some Mama Bear soap, and asked for some TOBS for my birthday.

I've been using a Personna for 2 shaves now after the derbies and it's quite the difference in smoothness, but also having to be a little bit more careful.

Getting there!!

I have Lego fetish too!

Welcome to B&B! Here's an off-topic question for ya:

DO employees get to access the Lego Warehouse and play with whatever Lego bricks available during lunch break? (I know I want to) :p

Top Bottom