What's new

From Vietnam With Love

checking in from Vietnam where wet shaving is still pretty common.

as someone who suffers from razor bumps I have found the older gillete razor blades bought here works quite well on my sensitve areas

been working for an NGO here for almost year and love it to death

interesting forum

Welcome, Doc.

Glad you found us and glad you found the blades that work for you. I'd be interested to hear more about the shaving products available in SE Asia...other than blades, have you found anything worthwhile (soaps, aftershaves, etc.)?

Will take some snap shots when I pass some local drug stores

there are plenty of bic and shick plastic razors but a good assorment of double old style razor blades and some razor handles for them

all sorts of shave cream in old style sqeeze tubes that work nicely

have been lucky in some flea markets with some old gillette razors that may be valuable but I just use them to shave with

Welcome to B and B! Where are you in Vietnam? I was stationed outside of Hue for a year in the 101st. Love the country, hated the war.

Welcome. Curiosity is peaked please give us picks and glad to see you found something that works for you.

Welcome to B and B! Where are you in Vietnam? I was stationed outside of Hue for a year in the 101st. Love the country, hated the war.

Ha, I was just down the road from you in Phu Bai.

Please let us know where you are in country. It's a beautiful country.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello Dr. Leroy Jeffries
proxy.php
from Vietnam (Yay Baby!!!). :thumbup:

Welcome to the B & B (beside enrolled in fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom),...please feel free to come up to the sun deck 'sit-a-spell'.

It sounds like you're off to a great start (if you don't mind me asking...what are field of medicine are you in, how do you rate the shaving products in Vietnam and how long have you been Wetshaving [maybe you could teach us a 'thing or two],?), and yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and alround 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.

It' very wise and 'sage' advice that I hope you are going to build your own Razor Blade Sampler to see what blade is a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your face and Razor. By the way, I happen to like Feathers, Kai's, Shark Chrome, Derby's, Treets, Trig and Gillette 7 O'clock just to name a few with my Merkur's 23C & 38C razors.

Once your Sampler is built, my advice is to try 2,3,4 or 5 blades (however which amount per blade brand), before moving on to the next blade.

Also, long ago when I received my Sampler, I started a Thread entitled "In what Order should I test these Sampler Razor Blades?", and the best advice was from member Optometrist a.k.a David who stated;

"I say jump straight in with the feathers. Yes, they are sharp, but you learn very quickly to let the weight of the razor do the work for you. If you can get the feather right, then it's plain sailing with the others. A few nicks and cuts early on are nothing to worry about and stand you in good stead. Start with a lesser blade and it's a continual learning process as you step up the level of sharpness". :yesnod:

Also, member Npsarros stated, "Keep a spreadsheet with every shave [you], have taken, rating each blade as [you], go along". My spread data ratings reads in columns as thus (PM me and I will send you my workable spread sheet example to your e-mail address.);

Razor Blade / Country / Type - Sharpness? (Aggressive [Very Sharp], Moderate Sharpness or Mild Sharpness), - Closeness of Shave? - Smoothness/Roughness of Shave? - Comfort of Shave? - Overall Rating? (awesome, passable or unpleasant), and Compatible with your Razor(s)?

Enclose below is my Thread and member Posted Replies "In what Order should I test these Sampler Razor Blades?", which may be of some interest and help to you.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=180210&highlight=order

Below is the B & B Wet Shaving Instructions and Tutorials.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71700

Also, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps :lol1:), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Please don't forget once you get time....please tell us a little about your shaving tools / kit and a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum.

Christopher
proxy.php
"Life is [like] a razor, you are always in hot water or a scrape" Anonymous [/QUOTE]

thank all for the welcome and for the person who sent me a message regarding overseas employment you have a reply in your message folder

Top Bottom