What's new

eBay razor "dealers"

Just step away from the keyboard. I am the cheapest guy in the world, and you just have to learn to walk away. Maybe something just as nice will appear, sometimes you are bidding at 1:00AM. I have gotten deals by bidding at work in the middle of the day. Only you can decide if it is worth it.
But sometimes it just ain't gonna fly.

Just step away from the keyboard. I am the cheapest guy in the world, and you just have to learn to walk away. Maybe something just as nice will appear, sometimes you are bidding at 1:00AM. I have gotten deals by bidding at work in the middle of the day. Only you can decide if it is worth it.
But sometimes it just ain't gonna fly.

Just to ad some thoughts, I'm sure a lot of us have made great scores buy simply buying a "lot of old razors" especially from sellers that pull them out of estate auctions and the like and then don't mess with them. I love seeing the words, "since I'm no expert on these things, I'll leave it up to the buyer to clean and polish" music to my ears and hence a drawer full of perfect to near perfect vintage hardware at an average cost of $5 per axe.

Where do you think these photo, light reflecting all over the place, let's take that picture on some checkered anti skid shelf pad or put that razor on some English crystal or sea shells then position 3 or 4 spot lights on that old polished up or re-plated once in a lifetime FATBOY that I searched the world over while riding on my camel....yes most of these are FATBOYS, that's a subsidiary of Gillette you know.... and yes my Husband and my kitten and I are thrilled to make you happy when you buy something.... we think this is oh so very special and you can be special too buy paypaling me so much money that I can go out and buy some more dirty old razors made by the Fatboy company and come home and clean them up and think of something nice to say to you again to make you feel like you should buy this not quite perfect but near excellent Fatboy so your grand children will be proud of you. And just because we think you are so special, you get a NOS blade with Mr. Gillette's picture on the front of it and if he isn't smiling we will be once you click on the BIN button. Yes this is "Sensational!", "This looks Absolutely Fantastic!!!", "These faint & minute imperfections are the Only flaws preventing this Tech from being described as in PRISTINE condition~!!!"."AND In Such Well Preserved Condition~A Very Rare Find Indeed~A Lifetime of Great Gillette Shaves~Guaranteed~!!!!", "....Originally Guaranteed For LIFE by Gillette Manufacturing~A Lifetime of Great Gillette Shaves~Guaranteed~!!!!" What if it breaks? ", "...will make someone a great daily shaver~& a Wonderful "Show off " Wet Shaver~!!!" What if I don't want to show it off? Ok,ok,ok I'll buy it because I feel so damn good just reading about your rare find....and I feel so cherished and cared for that any signs of aging only ads to the character of me and my fatboy.....oh I love everyone and everything now... B...I...N................:001_wub:

Does anyone know offhand how many years these Gold Aristocrat TTO OC models were sold? I think they came out initially for Christmas season of 1934. Were they ever in nickel or silver?
don't know the answer to your first question; but as to the second-no, they only were available in gold.

Badger Mall, I like that!

I bought a rolls from Glasgow a month or so ago, it was missing a handle. He said he'd replace it a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't heard anything back form him.

I have a spare Rolls handle you are welcome to if you wish, not perfect but yours if you want it.
Also, your PM box is full :001_smile

Cheers
Bevan

To stay on topic, I have purchase from both GlasGood & CFM and have been reasonably happy with the deals, I bought a Single Ring from GlasGood that never arrived and he refunded my money right away, sad to miss out on the razor though, it looked to be a very nice example.

Last edited:
my kitten and I are thrilled to make you happy when you buy something

Too funny! :lol:

I really don't get that seller who poses one of his/her cats with the razor. Kind of gross, if you ask me.

I'm going to hire a hot-looking model dressed in a bikini made out of black and white shelf liner to pose with my razors and then sit back and watch the Benjamins roll in. In fact, I'm going to call Brinks right now to see how much armored car service will cost me to transport my upcoming cash pile.

I emailed Gillettesafetyrazors about a measly 40's superspeed case- was it cracked, etc..
He emails me back asking if my computer screen was working.
Asshat will never get my business based on that.

I only started to ask sellers specifics since receiving:
A cased Bostonian with a missing tooth- not stated or seen in the ad.
A cased Hoffritz slant with a crack the full length of the handle- not stated or seen in the ad.

I bought 3 packets of 5 NOS Gillette Platinum Plus blades from Glasgow Goodies. The BIN price was pretty much what I would expect to pay for them on-line.

I bought a Slim Adjustable from CedarFurnitureMan, which wasn't re-plated. He pointed out in the auction the small amount of brassing but the plating was actually near-mint condition. Unfortunately, it didn't align the blade properly and when I returned it, he refunded the purchase price, the original postage and the cost of postage to return it. I have no complaints about him as he was more than honest on the occasion I dealt with him.

As far as mint condition razors are concerned, I generally avoid them. I collect razors in order to use them and as long as they are functionally perfect, I can use them without worrying about the finish being worn.

Also, I can't help wondering how many Adjustables have had the numbers re-painted, how many Red Tip Super Speeds have had a fresh coat of paint et cetera.

I emailed Gillettesafetyrazors about a measly 40's superspeed case- was it cracked, etc..
He emails me back asking if my computer screen was working.
Asshat will never get my business based on that. ...

I would say that is very poor customer service! Unless you have a really old CRT monitor (I finally passed mine on this year when I bought a replacement computer and monitor, it still worked great but I bought a small desktop that sits under the monitor and did not want to wreck the computer case with an 80 pound CRT) or one of the older (pre-2000) laptops, it is impossible to crack a computer screen! I would tell this idiot eBay seller to go shove it where the sun doesn't shine!

Top Bottom