What's new

Summertime is coming

Hey all,

I had a couple questions for this thread. First of all I am looking at moving to a good bay rum cream for Summer time... although I do love my Proraso! What are your suggestions for not only a cream but really a good Bay Rum aftershave?

Secondly, I have been getting crazy bad razor burn lately which is odd because I am use to shaving every day (DE Shaving) without the pain of a burnt over face. Any suggestions to keep my face smooth and burnless?

Theologia

You might want to check out C. O. Bigelow's bay rum balm. Don't know where it's available (I got mine on the BST), but if you're a fan of bay rum and one with a citrus note added intrigues you, this might be right up your alley.

You might want to check out C. O. Bigelow's bay rum balm. Don't know where it's available (I got mine on the BST), but if you're a fan of bay rum and one with a citrus note added intrigues you, this might be right up your alley.

I'm pretty sure that the Bigelow Bay Rum products are no longer in production. There may be some old stock still around (I see it pop up on eBay regularly), but it's usually pretty pricey.

As far as aftershave is concerned Superior 70 is a great, an inexpensive bay rum. If you're lucky you can find it in the Hispanic section at a local Walgreens.

proxy.php
from SCS bay rum w/ a twist I love this stuff.

I'm pretty sure that the Bigelow Bay Rum products are no longer in production. There may be some old stock still around (I see it pop up on eBay regularly), but it's usually pretty pricey.

I could be mistaken, but I thought it was the Bigelow bay rum SPLASH that had been discontinued, but the balm was still available. A quick search of the web shows it's available at least one place online, but Amazon shows it as out of stock.

If the OP is interested in this product and doesn't want to pay full price for it (or it is well and truly not available), I could be induced to part with mine (a 95% full bottle, still in the carton). PM me if interested.

Superior 70 is a great bay rum. The scent is not too over-powering and definitely goes well with warm or hot weather.

Superior 70 is a great bay rum. The scent is not too over-powering and definitely goes well with warm or hot weather.

+1 on Superior 70 Bay Rum. It's light, I imagine perfect for warm weather and yet has some moisturizing.

There's a lengthy discussion about Superior 70 in an earlier thread titled, "Best darn $1.99 you can spend", http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=197464.

Much of the discussion revolves around the fact that some Walgreens carry this Aftershave while most don't. Towards the end of the thread is the revelation that ask your local Walgreens to order this product. One poster shared that he had done this and they contacted him when it came in. Apparently the Walgreen's web site says they do this. I would recommend printing off the page from Walgreens.com and bringing it to the store. Chances are that the clerk will have no idea what you're talking about.

Good Luck,

I've been using Clubman VI Bay Rum off and on for almost 6 months now, and the more I use it the more I want to use it. I shave at night (not a morning person) and use it afterwards. This morning I used some more just before I went out the door and could easily catch a whiff of it well until late morning. I don't know if it's a good warm weather BR, but I definitely want to try Dominica in both scents (BR and BR with lime).

proxy.php
from SCS bay rum w/ a twist I love this stuff.

I can't say I have ever seen this stuff. I might have to look around for it, the bottle alone is pretty neat.

Yeah I have also looked into Superior 70 but was just a little hesitant. Well I might just have to get both and build the collection up a little!

Top Bottom