What's new

EJ DE89BA11 Barley Chrome

Just received the new Edwin Jagger DE89BA11 Barley Chrome plated. The quality of the plating is superb.
The handle is a bit heavier (47 grams) than the DE89L (44 grams). The knurling is very fine, to me it feels like a
fatter ball end Old Type. Overall the razor is nicely balanced and feels great in the hand. I will give it a go tomorrow.

proxy.php

Weight comparison from left: Mühle R89/R41 handle, EJDEA89L handle, DE89BA11 handle, DE89BA11 complete.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Where could I get just the handle, it would fit a EJ89 right??

I don't think you can just buy the handle, unless you find one on BST.
I paid $35 shipped from TESC. Ordered on April 3 and received it today.

The head is the same as the EJ89 so it fits perfectly.

Last edited:
They really have the chrome plating process down to a art, I'm gonna be late for work some morning just from staring at mine too long before I put it up.

Wow! Your pictures make the barley finish look a lot nicer than the others I've seen.

I don't need another one. I don't need another one. I don't need another one... :arf: :nono:

I don't think you can just buy the handle, unless you find one on BST.
I paid $35 shipped from TESC. Ordered on April 3 and received it today.

The head is the same as the EJ89 so it fits perfectly.

oh now I want one :tongue_sm. WHAT IS TESC!
Everyone has it for 47 usd
Thanks!

Last edited:
Is the new razor lighter than the original DE89? I read the new EJ line is lighter than the original line of razors.

Why do I keep opening this thread up? I've got a EJ87 thats my go to, my mainstay, my numero uno. I don't need another razor with the same head, I don't "need" another razor at all! Yet here I am, looking at those pics again, I knew this would happen, I had looked at the pics at WCS and TESC. They were ok, but I knew someone on here would get one and start putting up better pics and sure enough....
Anyone else remember the scene in Tombstone where Doc Holiday asks Wyatt Earp what he would do if "that" girl walked up to him? I do, and unlike Wyatt I'm no oak.

Why do I keep opening this thread up? I've got a EJ87 thats my go to, my mainstay, my numero uno. I don't need another razor with the same head, I don't "need" another razor at all! Yet here I am, looking at those pics again, I knew this would happen, I had looked at the pics at WCS and TESC. They were ok, but I knew someone on here would get one and start putting up better pics and sure enough....
Anyone else remember the scene in Tombstone where Doc Holiday asks Wyatt Earp what he would do if "that" girl walked up to him? I do, and unlike Wyatt I'm no oak.

:lol::lol::lol: You're not alone...

No, the Barley chrome is 3 grams heavier than my DE89L.

The weird thing is I actually prefer my lighter Muhle R89 to the EJ DE86 razor. For some strange reason, the Muhle gives me a better, more comfortable shave no matter if its with Feather or Shark blades.

Top Bottom