What's new

My shiny new toy

Just bought this off EBAY, I couldn't help noticing the case doesn't appear in the Mr Razor collection link. As long as the razor is as good as the item description I'll be happy, even if it did cost me an arm and a leg. And when I say an arm and a leg, I mean three rockets, a slim and a slim tech, all of which I was going to sell anyway, apart from maybe the Parat. If this razor shaves as well as it looks, my collection will be complete.... again. Anyway back to the case; Where many Brit Aristocrats made without Aristocrat written on the case, I can see one mustard coloured one, but not the purple one I'm getting. Thanks in advance for any info.

In my humble opinion the Open Comb British Aristocrat is the alpha and the omega of vintage Gillettes. Maybe it'll end up saving you money by ending your RAD.

I've got one just like that. My case looks the same as well without ARISTOCRAT printed. Mine was originally bought in Sweden.

Here's mine:

proxy.php

It's a fantastic shaver :thumbup1:

Very nice. I have a couple of gold ones and they are my favorites.
Always have my eye out for one like that at a reasonable price...I need my arms and legs.

Fantastic razor and in lovely shape! Congratulations!! :thumbup1:

The pain will ease over time...it always does :tongue_sm ...the more you use it, the better you'll feel about it :biggrin1:

Hi and thanks for the feedback. The razor arrived this morning and as per the item description, it looks as good as new (maybe they all do). It has 430030 on the base plate, but no number on the handle. Weighs in at 74 grammes.
Since I recently updated to Internet explorer9, a lot of the text seems to be missing from Mr Razor, so it's making it difficult for me to pin down the exact date of manufacture. Anyone know. And as this is my first rodium plated razor, do I need to clean it any differently to my nickel plated razors? Once again thanks for any advice.

Since I recently updated to Internet explorer9, a lot of the text seems to be missing from Mr Razor, so it's making it difficult for me to pin down the exact date of manufacture ...

thanks for the information! I´ve change it: now you can see all informations with all browser.

Top Bottom