What's new

Simpsons Chubby 1 QA/QC?

The vendor has offered to exchange, I will be eating the return postage and will update this thread when this is resolved and will reveal the vendor then. To be fair the vendor most likely never saw the brush but the response that "the small line that crosses the # 1 is a common stamping error on most Chubby brushes" was disturbing. I agree that this makes the brush unique but it is a quality control issue above all. If the company sold "seconds" at a reduced rate I would be on it like a fat kid on a smartie, but they are not. These brushes are marketed on quality.

Last edited:
I can sorta understand people making it into a 'unique' quality, but what happens if you get a brush with a stamp mark somewhere else, or some other random permanent imperfection? Would that still be 'unique'? I too would be very happy to pay for such a brush - at a seconds price. Not RRP.

I wouldn't expect a retailer to pick these things up and check all stock, but if they claim this is common then they shouldn't be onselling them either, and shrugging it off as what you can expect for $125. They should also taking up such anomolies with Simfix.

It's either a failure in process or attitude at the factory, and the manufacturer would prefer to know about it, so they can fix things, otherwise they assume things are fine. In the meantime, someone walks away from their products and they never know.

Last edited:
Completely honest and transparent answer: I'd keep/return based on how I liked the knot.

I'd feel justified that I should have a brush without such a defect, having spent what I had. If the knot wasn't to my liking, I'd request a replacement, and would hope the next specimen would have the knot shape I preferred. If I was lucky to receive a knot shape I liked, the former would still be true, but I'd suck it up knowing that knot shapes can vary quite a bit, and the replacement may have perfect engraving and a less favorable knot.

Make sense?

I received this reply from the vendor:

"Yes, the brush can certainly be returned if it's unused. However, we cannot guarantee we can send a replacement since, as far as we know, the small line that crosses the # 1 is a common stamping error on most Chubby brushes. Obviously, if a satisfactory exchange item cannot be found we will issue you a refund."

Now I have looked at a lot of pics of Chubby's and have never seen this flaw, is this really common?

umm so if they know it happens dont you think somebody outta fix that? just my $.02

To follow up on this, my new brush arrived today from Fendrihan.com and it looks great, as well they put 7 packs of blades (Lord/Astra/Feather/Wilkinson) in the package to help ease the sting of the return shipping. I regret shaving already this morning now.....

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks it kinda looks cooler/unique with the slash through the 1? If the knot was okay, I would keep it personally. But I can understand your concern.

I can say nothing but good things about the way Mark and Vulfix handle customer service.

Am I the only one who thinks it kinda looks cooler/unique with the slash through the 1? If the knot was okay, I would keep it personally. But I can understand your concern.

I can say nothing but good things about the way Mark and Vulfix handle customer service.

I have suggested to Fendrihan that they may wish to put it up for sale on this forum or on Ebay and donate the proceeds to charity as an act of positive PR.

Good PR is Pricele$$.

Who says it would be good PR?

The PR they'd get is questionable, seeing as you already revealed they told you "Yeah, a lot of Simpsons have stamping errors." In an attempt to fob you off.

Which was clearly refuted by the maker. Right here.

I've already decided none of my money will be going their way.

Top Bottom