What's new

Any Italian Straight Razor Brands Ever?

Has there ever been any Italian straight razor brands? I'm pretty sure there isn't any Italian brands still in business today, which is weird because Proraso is a big shaving business. You would think they would sell razors to go along with the creams and aftershave products they sell. Are there any vintage Italian straights out there?

I have a Cogliati & Fassio from Asti, Italy. Great razor. I haven't seen any others.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Mastro Livi are nice razors! However, I don't think I'll ever want to spend that much money on a straight razor. Hopefully there are some others out there that are less expensive.

It is indeed more common to find Solingen made razors for the Italian market than true Italian made razors. I once had a Solingen Burr that was made for the Italian market.

Mastro Livi's Grefetto is the least expensive razor he makes. Make no mistake, it is an exceptional razor. Mastro Livi still hand grinds them from a stainless steel block. I own 5 and each one is really a work of art. Mastro Livi puts an amazing edge on his blades and they need very little maintenance.

One of my favorite razors is a Garibaldi
SAM_0151_zps50c42724.jpg

This one was rescaled in horn. It is from a #13 blank. Super razor, imo.

Top Bottom