What's new

This is so out of character for me...

I was thinking about my hammer this morning, a leather handled Estwing purchased over 25 years ago during my first stint on a construction crew.

I love that hammer... it's not the biggest, nor the fanciest, nor the most expensive, but it gets the job done...

One hammer in the last 25 years...

I can look back on other longterm 'buy, hold and use' items in my life as well... other tools, cameras, vehicles, cell phones, etc. I buy single items, use them, and even attempt to fix them when they begin to fall apart...

So just how the heck is it that in the 5 months since being introduced to the fine art of DE shaving, that I've amassed almost 2 dozen DE razors???

I was thinking about my hammer this morning, a leather handled Estwing purchased over 25 years ago during my first stint on a construction crew.

I love that hammer... it's not the biggest, nor the fanciest, nor the most expensive, but it gets the job done...

One hammer in the last 25 years...

I can look back on other longterm 'buy, hold and use' items in my life as well... other tools, cameras, vehicles, cell phones, etc. I buy single items, use them, and even attempt to fix them when they begin to fall apart...

So just how the heck is it that in the 5 months since being introduced to the fine art of DE shaving, that I've amassed almost 2 dozen DE razors???
Good choice. Many years ago, we buried my father, a woodworker by hobby, with his leather-handled Estwing. He wouldn't swing any other hammer.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Razors, especially DEs, are way cooler looking than any hammer I've ever seen.

Why not choose a few that you like and just sell off the rest.

You really won't use them all and some just get neglected because you will have some razors you like more than others

It happens, I have many tools that I hold on to and repair - but that's never stopped my tool collection - there is a tool for every purpose. I have dozens of hammers and they all do different things.

I don't think any of my razors are the same and when they are its only to replace one with another of better quality.

I think you are spot on , no worries - carry on and consume!

At least the prices aren't bad, I happen to also have Precision Rifle AD. Then again I haven't bought a new one in close to a year. When I got engaged, I decided that it was the perfect excuse to REALLY splurge on a toy for myself.

At least the prices aren't bad, I happen to also have Precision Rifle AD. Then again I haven't bought a new one in close to a year. When I got engaged, I decided that it was the perfect excuse to REALLY splurge on a toy for myself.

But then razors or tools, often would not cover the tax on a really good rifle.

I have a similar addiction, and have a modest collection of Swiss straight pull rifles, plus one pristine 1873 Swiss Vetterli that looks almost like new, and Swedish Mausers.

Then there are the sxs shotguns, to include a nice Parker, and a couple of French sliding breech models, Darne and Charlin.

All those things get pricy in a hurry.

What a great memory...

my dad had two Estwing hammers...one longer handled framing hammer and one "regular" length (does it have a name?)

Thanks for the thought.

2 dozen razors huh? This isnt a negative comment to you in any way, but I remember when I was still in the honeymoon phase....

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

I opened a bathroom drawer yesterday and there were a few packages, I hadnt even opened yet, ordered months ago, still in the USPS box.

Its a disease my friend, a very fun disease.

2 dozen razors huh? This isnt a negative comment to you in any way, but I remember when I was still in the honeymoon phase....

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

I opened a bathroom drawer yesterday and there were a few packages, I hadnt even opened yet, ordered months ago, still in the USPS box.

Its a disease my friend, a very fun disease.
Dear god I just started and I'm wondering if I can book a therapist in advance maybe pay upfront for when I get this bad... I can feel it coming and I've only been at it a few weeks....

damn man thats a lot of stuff for just 2 months thankfully I still have some semblance of self control. although I am debating getting my brother a set for his birthday.

I've been DE shaving for years and I have one razor, one brush, two aftershaves (Old Spice and Gillette) and three, maybe four creams. I feel like the odd one out!!

Oh and I have 400 Personna Reds and no other blades!!

Top Bottom