What's new

Looking for casual sandals

I tried searching the forums and I've looked at several options but can't seem to find the ones for me in a store. The ones I like best so far are the Ecco Passion sandals,
proxy.php
I just can't find them in a store. I have a problem buying shoes online unless I've tried on shoes from the same company so I'm sure they will fit. I also would like to look at them in person to wrap my mind around the color and design.

My question is can anyone here recommend a similar sandal that I can find in a store? It might help if anyone here is in the Colorado Springs area and knows a store that stocks them. I am open to other designs but I have looked at Keens and a few others and didn't like the design. My main requirement is that they have open toes.

Thank you for your help.

Just got a new pair of omega flip flops. They were pretty expensive, and much heavier than my previous pairs, but super comfortable with superb quality.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I had to laugh at your thread title, because I was trying to picture what formal sandals might look like!

I vote for the Birkis. I don't really care for sandals, but these are the best of the lot IMHO.

All I wear are Mephisto and I have them in four colors. Plus, they are fully resolable for big return on investment:

+1 for birkenstocks. I wear the model without the heel strap, and I love em. The fact that they can be resoled and generally rebuilt once you've molded the bed to your foot it every better.

Sadly, you will look like a hippy. There's really no getting around that.

I have a pair of Teva Fossil canyons which can be found just about any place selling Teva's, this is my second pair, the first pair I had lasted well over 5 years of constant wear.
proxy.php

I've also eyed their "fisherman sandal style, but just couldn't justify getting them as well as the fossil canyons
proxy.php

+1 on Birkenstocks. I haven't worn them (or any sandal, really) in a long time, but they are incredibly durable and very, very comfortable.

All sandals are casual. :laugh:

I'll only wear Reef flip flops and refuse to wear any sandal with any type of buckling strap. Probably a bit too casual for what you want.

I too am looking for sandals. I want flip flops. I am looking at Rainbows, but have a few questions/concerns. For starters, the price looks a little steep. I don't really want leather as I find flip flops to be a "careless" shoe. I don't want to worry about getting them wet. That said, how do they hold up? I know there is a lifetime warranty on the soles, but it doesn't cover the toe strap breaking, only if it pulls out. On every pair of flip flops I have owned, the toe strap has broken/ripped in half. Has this happened to you? I don't want to pay 30 bucks just to find out that the toe strap is as weak as a $3 flip flop.

Next up is the feel. My impression is that the leather molds to your foot. What about the other type? Do the non-leather sandals mold to your feet as well? I am more interested in the performance of the sole than of the straps.

Finally comes the size. My foot is 10.5" long. I typically wear a 10-10.5 shoe. It may sound odd, but I don't like my flip flops to flop around. I don't like much extra room at the front or back of the sandal. I am guessing that their medium (10.75" from toe to heel) is just a tad bit too small. Their next size up is 11.5" from the heel to the toe and I am concerned that this might be too big. Now, the size chart does say that for a 10-10.5 shoe, the 11.5" size sandal is appropriate, but I just want some opinions from those who wear them. Do you like the way they fit? Do they flop around?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom