What's new

Injector Model Numbers?

Recent posts about injectors have brough up my curiosity about the Model Numbers. I kow all about the Types A - O from the wiki, but when I hear people talking about thier E-2, E-3, or I-2, I have no idea what they are talking about. What types have different numbers, what do they mean, and how do you tell one form the other?

Thanks

Thanks, I haven't seen that site in a long time. Forgot that info was there. Hopefully someone else will benefit from this info too!

While we are here any help with my injector . Black (not dark blue)handle with no join or seam, spring to the left, gold head stamped USA patern, made in the USA. With a brown bakelite box with brass blade dsipenser. I've done research on the box name 'James McLEan, LTD' and they seem to have been a betting shop chain in the 1930's but this can't be right can it? some pics to see,

Deluxe Model, 1935-38. Interestingly, an example photo in Waits Compendium has the same case with "James Mclean, Ltd" "Spotless" "Glasgow" on the case. Just like yours :ohmy:

Thanks guys. I was after a blue handle one but this came up for a few bucks. It shaves well but takes alot of effort in the shower to use.

StuMcB, I have identical Schick but without the stamp from Glasgow. This type of mark was commented on some time ago on another forum, owner was from US though so his razor had travelled a bit; we concluded these were gifts of some sort to regular customers of the proprietor.

Recent posts about injectors have brough up my curiosity about the Model Numbers. I kow all about the Types A - O from the wiki, but when I hear people talking about thier E-2, E-3, or I-2, I have no idea what they are talking about. What types have different numbers, what do they mean, and how do you tell one form the other?

Thanks

I 'type' is a construct of the author of this page, since official company designations for the slightly different styles appears not to exist.

Top Bottom