What's new

TGN or the Whippeddog?

What do you fellow restorers think?? Which is the best bang for the buck?? I'm in need of 2 20mm knots and a 24mm more like a 24.5 mm but i'll email them and let them know to send me a larger knot that would fit that.

i would like to hear your suggestions.

Joe

Email Larry at Whipped Dog for availability, I just bought a 22mm Silvertip from him, and he only has that and Pure badger in stock at the moment. He is waiting on a shipment of new knots.

I have used several TGN knots and all have performed admirably. I have a 22mm WhippedDog Silvertip waiting for the handle to be finished, and I'm going to place a 22mm TGN Silvertip in the other identical handle I have, to really do away with variables...I'm going to try and minimize any variance as well (look up my thread "PozzSka's Brush Projects" to follow along.

I'll be posting all of my findings there.

I have one of each and they are both great knots. The advantage with whipped dog knots is definitely price. I got a finest grade shipped for $12 which was an awesome deal. Based on previous e-mails with him, it seems like he will only be stocking silvertips in the future based on demand. I will definitely be ordering one of these when he gets a 20mm in stock.

The advantage with TGN knots is variety and selection. Several different grades and shapes and they are very nice as well. They are a little more expensive (still cheap compared to high end brushes) but you can definitely find what you are looking for and won't have to wait until he receives his next shipment.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either choice.

Thanks,
CZ

Top Bottom