What's new

What's in your bag, and what might you replace this year?

Driver - Taylormade Burner (2007 model) - might replace
Hybrid - 19 degree Adams Tour Prototype - will never replace
Irons - Mizuno MP57 with PX 6.5 / 3-PW - might replace if I find a buyer
Wedges - Vokey 52/56/60
Putter - itsy bitsy spider
Ball - TM Penta

How about you? What do you play?

Driver - Taylormade R5n 9.5 with Grafalloy prolaunch Red Stiff (can't justify replacing it as it will allow me to hit every shot shape I would like)
Fairway - 15 and 18 degree old spauldings (these NEED to go)
Hybrid - Warrior Golf 19 degree
Irons - Titleist 735 CM Rifle stiff 3 - 9
Wedges - Vokey SM 48.06 (bent to 46), TM Rac TP 52 (I'd like to get this one bent to 53 to evenly gap my wedges and add some bounce), and Vokey SM 60.08
Putter - Karsten
Ball - ProV1x

What I'd really like to find is a high bounce Vokey 54 and have it bent to 53...

How do you like the spider? I've never putted with one.

Spider is great. It is the first mallet type putter I've owned, and it just feels good in my hands. I cut about 1.5 putts off my average with it. I've played two seasons with it. If I'm playing super fast greens, sometimes I'll grab my Scotty Cameron Laguna, but that is rare.

Dunlop 1,3,5,7,9 irons and 1-3-5 woods, putter and 45 or 48-degree pitching wedge, plus some TaylorMade ginormous titanium/graphite driver that weighs nothing (can't remember the model, it was on sale though) and the cheapest balls I can find. :w00t:

I play once or twice a year, some years. Golf is no longer high on the budget's priority list with a 3YO son and baby girl on the way.

I need a new bad, just the bag, and some cleats.

Got my 8yo into golf last year and got him some clubs for his birthday. Need this silly OH weather to break.

I have Calloway clones by the way.

driver - R9 supertri FCT 9.5° stiff
3wood - TM Burner HT stiff
3rescue - TM Burner HT stiff
4-P(48°) - Tommy Armour Silver Scot 855s
52° - Cleveland Tour Action 900
56° - Mizuno MP R-Series
60° - Cleveland Tour Action 900
Putter - Odyssey #5 Center Shafted

Driver - Cleveland Launcher, I love this driver and don't ever plan on replacing it. I prefer the old school smaller head to the bread loaves they try to pass as drivers nowadays.
3 Wood - Ping I3+ original, solid 3 Wood but would ditch ASAP if I was still playing on a regular basis
Irons - Ping I3+ Blue Dot (I was told I was the first person in America to custom order these sticks, way back in 02 or 03 I can't remember, so I've never felt the need/want to replace them)
Wedges - a couple of knock offs I've had for years that fit my needs
Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio (with the Screaming Yellow headcover)
Ball - whatever is in the bag, when I was buying them it was the Precept Laddie, not the best performing ball but I could control the crap out of it.

Since I moved to the city I have not played a single round, though. Miss the amazing golf courses I got to play while I was in college in Alabama.

I have a cheap set for now...

I went and got fitted yesterday, and debating on if I want to build a custom set for myself, since I love projects. Come to find out Im going to need x-stiff shafts.

Top Bottom