What's new

solar flood lights

has anyone attempted to light the outside of their house / accent light their house using solar flood lights?

i've installed 2 motion sensor solar lights with good results; (in SE MI)

i'm looking for solar lighting for the front of the house - accent lighting from the ground up / the opposite of soffet lights;

any good brands / brands to avoid?

brightest / best battery life /

as usual, i've read reviews from 'it worked perfectly' to 'i would never buy this again' , so i was just wondering if any of you b&b'ers have any experience.

ty for your time

We have two, and although they work, they don't work well (not bright enough). I love the convenience of solar lighting, but I am underwhelmed with the solar landscape lights that we have, though admittedly we are buying from the more inexpensive end of what is available.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
hellllo helllooo hellooo (echo fades into silence....)

Hellooooooooooooooo ...

Actually, I just bought a solar floodlight yesterday. :ohmy: Talk about timing. I didn't remark on the brand, but it was about $25 at Home Depot, has 6 LEDs and is supposed to be motion-sensing. Hopefully I see how well it works tonight. :001_rolle

has anyone attempted to light the outside of their house / accent light their house using solar flood lights?

i've installed 2 motion sensor solar lights with good results; (in SE MI)

i'm looking for solar lighting for the front of the house - accent lighting from the ground up / the opposite of soffet lights;

any good brands / brands to avoid?

brightest / best battery life /

as usual, i've read reviews from 'it worked perfectly' to 'i would never buy this again' , so i was just wondering if any of you b&b'ers have any experience.

ty for your time

What brand/type of solar motion sensor lights did you put up?

I picked one up from Menards a few years back, it has a number of LED's in it, while not the brightest light in the world, it is enough to see things by and all it needed for installation was a few screws. From what I've seen with LED lights in the last 2 years, I'd think that they'd be much better.

holmes

motion sensor with 2 directional lights; working well so far; have 2;

1 on side of house and 1 in the back for the woods;

deer and raccons set it off - stays on 5 mins;

bought at HD;

Top Bottom