What's new

Razor wish list!

I just thought I would post a short list DE of razors I would like to have or try.

I already have a good Gillette Black handle adjustable

Gillette slim adjustable any year

Gillette fatboy adjustable any year

Gillette Super Speed from the 40's or 50's

Gillette 3 piece pre 1950 dont know why pre 1950 just sounds good LOL

and a vintage open comb of some type

in current production razors i would like to try

Feather popular

Merkur progress

Merkur slant

Weishi

Parker 90r & 98r

what does your wish list look like?
I set my gillette adjustable to either 5 or 7 depending on beard growth. Which of the new razors would be closest to this?

Last edited:
I set my gillette adjustable to either 5 or 7 depending on beard growth. Which of the new razors would be closest to this?

It's not clear to me which Gillette adjustable you are using. A Fatboy at the same settings is nice. You owe it to yourself to try a Merkur slant. The 39C is my personal favorite. Once I had it, my hunt for razors ended.

Codfish

It's not clear to me which Gillette adjustable you are using. A Fatboy at the same settings is nice. You owe it to yourself to try a Merkur slant. The 39C is my personal favorite. Once I had it, my hunt for razors ended.

Codfish

Ok you prompted me to look up the date code. Mine is a 1973 (T2) Super adjustable.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Very nice condition and for a good price. I have a 57' flair tip looks a ot like it. It was my first razor almost a year ago. Now you should try and find a case for it.

I am in the process of collecting all of the Parker razors - I think they have pretty cool designs! :thumbup1:

I also picked up a feathers popular last night but it is for a friend who is interested in trying a DE razor. I told him i would buy him a razor and give him a pack of blades to get started. If he don't like it I will probably get it back.

1) Hoffritz HD (well used, user grade)
2) Wacker Jubiläums Rasiermesser "70 Jahre Wacker" Mod.1
3) Feather AS
4) Merkur Progress w/metal knob that looks similar to an HD.
5) Having my Tech, 'New' short & long combs replated. I love them...

This is what I would want my Merkur Progress to look like. (Photoshop)
Merkur Progress HD - Short, fat handle with HD type knob.

proxy.php

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was perusing ebay, and saw a Gillette Slim adjustable that was born in the same quarter as me (1st quarter, 1968). I can't afford it right now, but the hook is sunk. I will be hunting for one soon.

I have most every razor I want, save for a Wooden Handle Lather Catcher. I still look out for better versions of certain razors that I have but I have around 20-25 razors in my rotation and I enjoy them all.

I've tried everything vintage in your list and then some. I would suggest you also try the red an blue tip Gillette flare tips.

The things I'd like to try that I haven't yet:

Sheraton
Slant
Merkur Progress
Rocket (I think I need to try most of the major variations of these)

Oh yeah, and I suppose I should try a Toggle and Eclipse Red Ring to see what all the fuss is about.

Temporary burn out. My wish list has reached the "wouldn't it be nice if" stage.

In other words, wouldn't it be nice if I noticed an Ever-Ready Streamline, Gillette Double Ring, Darwin, Schick G2 on a table at a flea market for $3? There are a few rare razors like that which would be nice to have, but only if I found them at some ridiculously low price while not really looking for them.

Have Merkur 23C

Wish list: the Pink Star Lady Gillette for DD when she is old enough to shave in a couple of years, maybe the Muhle R84 in porcelain and chrome for my boy because it looks so good, for me the Merkur 25C to see if it improves performance on the neck.

My daily user is my slant. I don't think there is much else past that I would really need. Now I have gotten into collecting old eveready razors.
There is a few that I would like to have from a collecting standpoint such as a fatboy etc.

Temporary burn out. My wish list has reached the "wouldn't it be nice if" stage.

In other words, wouldn't it be nice if I noticed an Ever-Ready Streamline, Gillette Double Ring, Darwin, Schick G2 on a table at a flea market for $3? There are a few rare razors like that which would be nice to have, but only if I found them at some ridiculously low price while not really looking for them.

Hah! That describes me pretty well, too. There are a few (Darwin, Eclipse, a Gillette presentation set) that, if I come across them, it will be nice.

But no really active wish list at the moment. Getting the flare-tip Aristocrat kind of capped my collecting bug. Which may mean that it's time to start thinning out the collection.. :blink:

Top Bottom