What's new

Want to buy a Safety Razor

B

BGraham

I have had a safety razor for the past 35 years and now need a new one. What stores carry them? I live in Oshawa ON Canada and I don't want to purchase one online.
Thanks for any help!
Bill

I do not believe that any stores sell DE razors. Unfortunately you would have to order online. You could shoot an email to Alfred at Fendrian and see if you would be able to visit his store and make a purchase in person. His store I believe is in Brampton so it should be 30 min trip for you.

Last edited:
Online is a much better deal - heck, you can go on our B/S/T section here and probably get the exact same razor you've been using for the last 35 years, and depending on the model probably pay less than $30.

A new razor of good quality will usually START at that price online, and be even higher in a retail store.

That said, check out the shopping links here, you might be able to find a store near you.
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Canada_Shopping_and_Suppliers#Ontario

If all else fails and you don't want to get one online you can sometimes find double edges at tobacco shops (they often double as 'men's gifts' stores, in the US, at least). Expect the razor to be expensive if you go that route, though.

Personal Edge carries the Merkur HD for $65.00. You might find one in a mall, they are a chain store across Canada. Walper Tobacco in Kitchiner has Parker and Merkur razors too.

If you aren't against buying a used vintage razor, and you want to avoid buying online, you might check out your local antique shops or flea markets. I've picked up quite a few razors for next to nothing at antique shops. Happy hunting!:001_smile

I have had a safety razor for the past 35 years and now need a new one. What stores carry them? I live in Oshawa ON Canada and I don't want to purchase one online.
Thanks for any help!
Bill

One razor for 35 years. :w00t:

You'll have to do better than that if you're going to hang out here. :thumbup:

Welcome to B&B.

Welcome!!

I don't understand... You had ONE razor for thirty five years? Just One?

Please someone call the Paramedics... the room is spinningngngngngngngn

Top Bottom