What's new

Soaps from Straight Razor Designs?

Hello all, this week I ordered a 13 soap sample pack from Straight Razor Designs. For $19 plus shipping I don't think I can go wrong and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. I'm wondering though if anyone here has used any of their soaps, and what you thought about them. Thanks!

I have used a good deal of their sample scents and have the Lime, Vanilla Bourbon and West Indies Bay. I find them to be wonderful soaps in both performance and scent. The vanilla is the best I have tried, and the West indies is one step away from heaven. There are some other great shaving soaps out there, true, but you simply cannot go wrong with SRD soaps.

Great veggie based soaps with terrific scents.

Don, the proprietor of SRD, personally chooses all of the scents and works closely withe the american based soap maker to finalize the scents. High quality stuff.

I bought an SRD soap last year about this time, but I didn't have much luck getting it to lather. It was operator error. I have since discovered that with a 2-band brush the soap lathers like a champ. Vetiver is the only SRD soap I have, but I like it, and I get great shaves with it. Recommended.

I had a couple last year. I thought they worked very well, but had an odd smell. There was something behind the scent that just smelled funky to me. Other than the funky smell, they are good soaps.

Thanks very much for the input. I'm looking forward to receiving the sampler and will post updates as I use them.

Top Bottom