What's new

Epic music for "dangerous" shaves?

I always have the radio on while shaving, usually, classic rock from the 70s...

while not strictly 70's, I usually put on Men At Works "Business As Usual" for my shower/shave ritual. great album; Australian; and the album title works for me :wink2:

This morning I was shaving to the sounds of Enslaved. Nothing like Metal sung in Old Norse to get the blood pumping.

great choice! :thumbup:

those Norse warriors singing about ancient gods and primitive times... well its the antitheses of the whole plastic cartridge shaving that we despise.
I see a correlation anyway :lol:

("Yggdrassill", "Hordanes Land" & "Vikingligr Veldr" is some of the finest metal ever recorded :thumbup1: )

Woah, wasn't expecting to see any other metalheads on here when I signed up! Think I'll be listening to The Monolith Deathcult this morning but you can't beat Carmina Burana - 'O Fortuna' for epicness :D

Alltså, pöjkar, vikingarna hade *skägg*...

Myself I rather like slower and softer music while shaving. Its inevitably early morning, and I'll save the bloodchurning chiansaws of good metal for the commute.

Paint it black! Now theres my shavetime favourite of the moment.

I don't normally shave to music, but maybe i'll try this today:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwlu2umant0[/YOUTUBE]

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Rossini wrote much better music than that.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_boI5ChieE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

What a great fun thread.
For me its hard to beat Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.
Any clever chap able to put up the you tube thingy?

The previously suggested Orff's O Fortuna from Carmina Burana would go down well also. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxiv3CBMS4M[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangerous shaving music? Try ZZ Top's La Grange or Judas Priest's Breakin' the Law (we used to use latter as background music playing Doom). I think both would be a bad idea...

death metal is only good for getting Hall and Oates songs out of your head:001_smile

I use Tom Waits or The Pogues. Nothing else seems to be game to stay in my head with either. Unfortunately, both were habitually unshaven.

Perhaps "Dueling Banjos" from Deliverance ???

Only if you shave on the back porch with a bowl and a straight razor.

I like dirty, bluesy, 'old skool' stuff when I shave. The first two albums by The Kills, some White Stripes, and the classics like some good old John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson...that kind of stuff really gets me into the right frame of mind to pull out my old Gillettes and get busy.

It's not the only kind of music I like, but I'm pretty sure if I throw on some Black Flag or Slipknot - I'll end up in the emergency room. :001_cool:

Lately I have also added music to my morning shave. My music of choice has been Rise Against, a little Metallica and anything that gets the blood flowing.

Uh...are you sure you want to get the blood flowing while you're shaving? Hee-hee!

Other ideas:

• The theme music from Dexter
  • The col legno part of Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique - makes me think of blood dripping
  • Blood Sport by J Dilla

Music can either set a mood or destroy it completely.
* If I want to get pumped/stoked I'll listen to some metal from my youthful days (Pantera, Megadeth, &c.)
* If I want to hit that zone in the back of my brain where life is strange and beautiful I'll listen to Tool.
* If I'm angry or want to get all riled up, I'll listen to Rage Against the Machine.
* If I want to hit that zone in the middle of my brain, far away up in the ether, I'll listen to Ambient Techno (Massive Attack, Orb, &c.)
* If I want to scramble the senses, up is down, left is right and focus on task becomes 100% I'll only put on one band. The Crystal Method (Vegas preferrably)

The Doors "Peace Frog" has an awesome riff that I love, though the blood imagery makes me hesitant to listen to it during the morning shave. :lol: I actually used to listen to music while I shaved, but lately it's been just talk radio. Music tends to make me want to sing, and that would be a very bad thing while shaving. :lol:

Top Bottom