Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Epic music for "dangerous" shaves?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    653
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Epic music for "dangerous" shaves?

    After a year and a half of DE, 6 months of SE and 1 month of injector, my Parker Shavette finally arrived.

    I don't normally shave with music playing, but when I do, I pretty much always stick with traditional stuff--Balkan folk music and old school salsa are two of my favorites.

    I felt a little bit scared and nervous to use it until I loaded up the playlist that had You're the Best Around, Holy Diver, TNT, Highway to the Danger Zone and Push it to the Limit that I was ready to DO IT!!!

    The results? I think my heart rate went up, focus was 100%, no bleeding and a fine shave.

    One day I may have to try a real straight.

    Does anyone else who ever listens to music while shaving ever pick something...you know...NOT relaxing?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outside the Asylum
    Posts
    20,504
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    not me. I enjoy a wide variety of music, but I love the piece and quiet while shaving. Just today, I waited to shave until my wife went to lunch with her sister. The only sound in the house was a boar brush rubbing in the lather, and a sharp piece of steel whacking the whiskers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    15 MI SW of Denton, Texas
    Posts
    13,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oc_in_fw View Post
    not me. I enjoy a wide variety of music, but I love the piece and quiet while shaving. Just today, I waited to shave until my wife went to lunch with her sister. The only sound in the house was a boar brush rubbing in the lather, and a sharp piece of steel whacking the whiskers.
    OC, Did it take awhile for the ears to acclimate to the reduction in noise levels?

    I listen to the radio right up until I put razor to face. Then the radio is off until completion of my face shave and usually until completion of the head shave.
    The goal is for each person to find what serves them best in the art of shaving.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    727
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    yeah I listen to Bathory while shaving! usually something epic like "Twilight Of The Gods" or "Blood, Fire, Death"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hey DE Dude, can you recommend some examples of Balkan folk music? I like a band called "Beirut" a lot and I hear they have Balkan influences. I would love to delve deeper into the style.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outside the Asylum
    Posts
    20,504
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GDCarrington View Post
    OC, Did it take awhile for the ears to acclimate to the reduction in noise levels?

    I listen to the radio right up until I put razor to face. Then the radio is off until completion of my face shave and usually until completion of the head shave.
    I am lucky- the wife isn't that noisy (unless I rile here up)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    653
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DadisDrunk View Post
    Hey DE Dude, can you recommend some examples of Balkan folk music? I like a band called "Beirut" a lot and I hear they have Balkan influences. I would love to delve deeper into the style.
    I know Beirut, too--one of my friends asked me to play The Penalty on cello for his wedding. His friends played ukelele and drums with me.

    Safet Isovic's Moj Dilbere is my all time old school favorite, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGC_8-YE5Tk

    Mostar Sevdah Reunion's Cije je Ono Djevojce is a little more modern, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HygOE9vuvw

    I like Edo Maajka too, he's a rapper who uses Balkan style beats. He snuck into the playlist with the other guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cHktBRUO9M


    Quote Originally Posted by GDCarrington View Post
    OC, Did it take awhile for the ears to acclimate to the reduction in noise levels?
    Last edited by DE_Dude; 04-09-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added quote at top

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I like complete silence while shaving. It is one of the few times of the day to enjoy that. If you want music for dangerous shaves I suggest Wagner or perhaps Carmina Burana.
    A combination of clean elegance with a vague forboding of dread is attractive.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wrentham, MA
    Posts
    1,673
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DE_Dude View Post
    Epic music for "dangerous" shaves?
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnmCu3U09w[/YOUTUBE]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Nothing like Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" for a truly epic, dangerous shave. Goes especially well with that aftershave feels like napalm in the morning.
    Sometimes, it ain't the speed but the direction...
    Здесь был Вася

    Finisher [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/322092-2013-Shave-Purchase-Sabbatical-Gentlemanly-Restraint"]2013 - Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Gentlemanly Insanity[/URL]!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    39,792
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    I always have the radio on while shaving, usually, classic rock from the 70s...
    Cheers, Luc - My Gear(Wiki) - Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    393
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhorsoft View Post
    Nothing like Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" for a truly epic, dangerous shave. Goes especially well with that aftershave feels like napalm in the morning.
    Also 'stones: can't get no satisfaction - especially if you know the movies images noted with these two. The intro to 2001 is also spectacular

    but I personally like it quiet when I shave....
    Man is not a rational animal, he is a rationalizing one.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oxnard, Ca
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Lately I have also added music to my morning shave. My music of choice has been Rise Against, a little Metallica and anything that gets the blood flowing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DE_Dude View Post
    I know Beirut, too--one of my friends asked me to play The Penalty on cello for his wedding. His friends played ukelele and drums with me.

    Safet Isovic's Moj Dilbere is my all time old school favorite, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGC_8-YE5Tk

    Mostar Sevdah Reunion's Cije je Ono Djevojce is a little more modern, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HygOE9vuvw

    I like Edo Maajka too, he's a rapper who uses Balkan style beats. He snuck into the playlist with the other guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cHktBRUO9M



    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ronald View Post
    yeah I listen to Bathory while shaving! usually something epic like "Twilight Of The Gods" or "Blood, Fire, Death"
    This morning I was shaving to the sounds of Enslaved. Nothing like Metal sung in Old Norse to get the blood pumping.
    Cheers,

    Kyle

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,504
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binowatch View Post
    I like complete silence while shaving. It is one of the few times of the day to enjoy that. If you want music for dangerous shaves I suggest Wagner or perhaps Carmina Burana.
    Good Choices!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    653
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DadisDrunk View Post
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!
    Glad I could help!

    Good music so far, gents. We fine people here at B&B have good tastes.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,038
    Images
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I like hearing the whiskers being cut off as my razor glides over my face. I even turn off the vent fan in the bathroom while shaving. If I did listen to music while shaving however it might be something from John Williams Plays Barrios.
    Old Fogie. It's not fer eatin', it's fer lookin' through.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I play "Flight of the Valkyries" at full volume while I shave!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    This is the most epic shave music possible.

    [YOUTUBE]_dnZHea_TI0[/YOUTUBE]
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is your favorite "Epic Mealtime"?
    By The Pontificator in forum The Clown House
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
  2. Another installment of "B&B is a dangerous place"
    By Obsessed in forum Fragrance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
  3. FS: Double Duck Satinedge - "B", "E", "A", "Utiful"
    By doc_paul in forum The Badger & Blade Marketplace
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 06:26 AM
  4. What's Your Favourite "Rock Oriented" Christmas Music?
    By Newfie in forum The Barber Shop
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 03:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.