What's new

An open letter to Arko

Dear Arko,

You are a disappointment to me.
Why? not because of your performance. In fact, you lather up very nicely for me. I get some of the best shave's I've had from you.

Is it because of your scent? No. It's not bad, it's not really good.

Arko, It's because I have other soaps that I have spent a small fortune on.
I have them in their wood bowls, I have them imported from places that Royalty supposedly used. I have them in Lavender and Sandalwood, Bay Rhum and West Indian Limes.

But you Arko, you are the cheapest and the dollar for dollar, the most effective. This saddens me. I want to believe that I have to purchase something expensive because that naturally makes it better.

But then you came into my life.
Yes, I had to mill you into a bowl because I didn't like your shape.
I might be vain that way, but it had to be done.

I'm sorry for my harsh words, but that's the way I feel.
You keep showing up my expensive soaps. They may revolt.
I can't handle that right now.

Don't worry, we can still be friends. You'll always have a place in my rotation.

Sincerely,
Marc (maxman)

You nailed it pretty nice imo.

On the other hand I simply love the fact that in an exotic place a shave soap is made that withstood time and fashion, in fact all the blabla, and just performs superbly for a fair price.

It is the girl nextdoor you should have married in the first place. :001_rolle

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Speick made me enjoy face lathering (I used to thumb my nose at the idea of FL)- I wouldn't dream of cutting it up, even though I like bowl lathering. Someone is sending me some Arko, and I cannot wait to use it as a stick. YMMV of course.

I wrote the Arko folks an actual e-mail saying they should market the same soap in the US with a rose or sandalwood scent, and charge 20 bucks a stick. American shave geeks would line up to buy it.

They sent me a nice form letter thank you. :lol:

I wrote the Arko folks an actual e-mail saying they should market the same soap in the US with a rose or sandalwood scent, and charge 20 bucks a stick. American shave geeks would line up to buy it.

They sent me a nice form letter thank you. :lol:

But it seems there is no action. The worst thing is we produce roses for its water, oil etc.

Arko is the best value in all of wet shaving. In my opinion, I think the low price keeps as many people from trying it as are drawn to such a great bargain.

Arko ordered. I think I might leave it in stick form, though. We shall see.

Dear Topgumby,

Thank you for your interests in Arko. We enjoy reading the customer experiences with our product! Your letter was hilarious, even zany read -- especially the dreaming part about "shave geeks" (what is shave geeks?) buying Arko in America. You are funny guy, my friend!

Sincerely,
Akro Shaving Company

I'm so happy to have a brand like Arko here.

Wish they were making some special stuff for enthusiasts like us.

:blushing: I left my Arko the other day at my holiday location as I did not care for the soap, it left my skin dry and was hard to lather, could have been the water but honestly I didn't care for the soap nor the smell :blushing:

YMMV

I traded out for a stick of Arko and had no expectations. Now the rest of the soaps I spent alot more money on are sitting under the sink in my den getting no attention. I am going to sell all of that other stuff on B/S/T to buy more Arko.

Dear Arko,

You are a disappointment to me.
Why? not because of your performance. In fact, you lather up very nicely for me. I get some of the best shave's I've had from you.

Is it because of your scent? No. It's not bad, it's not really good.

Arko, It's because I have other soaps that I have spent a small fortune on.
I have them in their wood bowls, I have them imported from places that Royalty supposedly used. I have them in Lavender and Sandalwood, Bay Rhum and West Indian Limes.

But you Arko, you are the cheapest and the dollar for dollar, the most effective. This saddens me. I want to believe that I have to purchase something expensive because that naturally makes it better.

But then you came into my life.
Yes, I had to mill you into a bowl because I didn't like your shape.
I might be vain that way, but it had to be done.

I'm sorry for my harsh words, but that's the way I feel.
You keep showing up my expensive soaps. They may revolt.
I can't handle that right now.

Don't worry, we can still be friends. You'll always have a place in my rotation.

Sincerely,
Marc (maxman)

There's always BST :001_rolle

Oh how well these words read :thumbup:

Guys,..... I am a looooong-time user of the Arko and I have hoarded it in big numbers (actually 8 full boxes - soon to stock up :biggrin1:).

Not only that I love the scent of it, which I associate to a clean, fresh, valuable and true product, for me it is FAR away from what I consider to be almost close to an urinal cake.

And for those of you who can't stand the smell..... just unwrap it an store it for two weeks in your garage or cellar or everywhere else where it will not be close to your nose.... and you will have a shaving stick that really smells nice, pure and natural like the very best fine-soaps.

Arko is such a wonderful shaving soap that simply performs gorgeous in every respect. Once you get used to it you will never want to miss this product :001_smile

Gentlemen, I've been away for a while and I hope everyone has been well.

That said, I just got back from a series of months long work trips (the reason for my absence) and used Arko sticks almost exclusively. After almost a year straight, with a few breaks when I was home on a weekend for some MWF or Trumpers, I still love the smell and I'm not bored with it yet. The smell reminds me of the barber shop that I grew up going to.

It is this nostalgia, I believe along with the absolutely silly affordability, that has caused me to order another case. A case which I dearly hope gets expedited in its delivery by the USPS.

Top Bottom