What's new

I'd rather have a cased President...

I guess it is in near perfect condition. There is obviously something to it - not just one person giving in to a high BIN, there were 60 bids.

Glad it is not my $160 though, I'd have bought FatBoy:tongue_sm

I watched that. I have four of those razors at least.

Something weird going on there. Nice case, but I don't think the whole thing looked Kosher.

Weird. 65 bids huh?

Hope the buyer enjoys it.

Maybe it's someone's birthday date code or, ummm..., I can't really think of another reason to buy a Red Tip for that much money....

Sorry.

...than this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GILLETTE-HEAVY-...717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415825121d

I can't pretend to know why some people bid/spend the way they do. But this one absolutely stuns me. If you look close, it's not even in really "mint" shape - case OR razor. Why a few months ago on a whim I picked one of these up for ~$28 or so... Well, such is the 'bay.

I think that razor may have been repainted. The color looks off to me. The first pic below is the shade of red I have on my two Red Tips.

attachment.php
proxy.php

I think that razor may have been repainted. The color looks off to me. The first pic below is the shade of red I have on my two Red Tips.

Could just be the lighting. I have owned several + and non + versions. I think it just corresponds to the year. They may be more "rare," but not NEARLY enough to justify that price

I have owned several + and non + versions. I think it just corresponds to the year. They may be more "rare," but not NEARLY enough to justify that price

I agree, that is why i described them as "less common" rather than as rare.

Top Bottom