Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 276

Thread: ItalianBarber.com: APRIL UPDATE

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,287

    Default ItalianBarber.com: APRIL UPDATE

    I was going to wait until all the new items were posted on the website but I have been getting numerous email and telephone inquiries so I figured it was best to start the April thread.

    New Announcements...

    1) People want to know the VITOS pricing so here is the pricing on the 1000ml bricks...

    VITOS EXTRA SUPER (RED BOX), $27.99

    VITOS SUPER GLICERINATED (VERY HARD TO FIND), $25.99

    VITOS (GREEN BOX), $23.99


    Please keep something in mind, anything over 1kg, I ship into the USA via USPS priority parcel service. One brick is roughly 1 - 1.1kg shipping weight, which costs me $15-17 to ship into the USA, depending on the State. Therefore, when someone buys one brick and pays $6.95 shipping, I eat $8 - $10 in shipping costs; also remember that all orders over $60 I ship FREE, therefore on those orders I'm eating the entire shipping cost. I have tried to make the pricing on the VITOS line as low as possible to offer these wonderful products to people at a great value. I believe wet-shaving should be an 'affordable luxury' and I try to run my business accordingly.

    There are 28 different items in the VITOS line that we are bringing; I have pricing for all of them if people need.

    These products will be available for sale on the 19th or 20th of April.

    2) Launch of RazoRock 100% Natural Handmade Products

    This has been our 'pet-project' for a while and these two products make my heart beat faster just thinking about them; I'm extremely excited about them. They have been in testing for months but I've been sworn to secrecy... until now!

    I searched for month to find the right soap-maker for this project. I had specific criteria; I wanted products that use only the best RAW and FRESH organic ingredients, are HAND MADE and made using the cold-process method and I wanted the price to be reasonable.

    The first product is the RazoRock 100% Natural Handmade SHAVE GEL. Most of my close friends and family refuse to use a traditional shaving brush so this product was developed to offer people the best brush-less product in the category. The amazing thing, it's also the best pre-shave solution I've experienced for traditional wet-shavers. I have a feeling that even people that love using their brushes are going to be blown-away by this product, I know I am!

    The second product is the RazoRock 100% Natural Handmade Aftershave Wax. People are going to say... "What in the world is an Aftershave Wax?" It's an aftershave cream like no other. Just wait til you use this product, experience the scent (a blend of 8 essential oils) and see your face after it's applied. I believe you guys are going to be extremely impressed!

    These products will be available for sale April 19th or 20th.

    3) New RazoRock Shave creams will be also available April 19th or 20th. There are going to be 4 creams in the line now, they will be called ...

    RazoRock Classic (the current one that is for sale)
    RazoRock Fresco
    RazoRock Cacao


    and, my little surprise...

    RazoRock XXX (It has been tough staying quiet on this one! lol)

    4) Trumper's is coming to ItalianBarber.com!

    We are now an authorized stockist of Geo Trumpers. On April 12th you will see these products available for sale on the site.

    5) Over the past week, we have added a bunch of new stuff to the site, namely;

    Merkur razors
    All 5 new Edwin Jagger Razors
    Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brushes
    Edwin Jagger Soaps
    Col Conk Soaps


    You can find these products on the NEW PRODUCTS page...

    http://www.italianbarber.com/products_new.php

    As always, We really appreciate your support and encouragement.

    Thank you B&B

    -Joseph
    Last edited by RazoRock; 04-08-2011 at 12:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    enterprise, Alabama
    Posts
    1,351
    Images
    20

    Default

    Very good pricing. Your gonna have an abundance of orders on the 19th. I know I will.be ordering
    -Chris
    All my life I was told, "kill them with kindness." So therefore I became a young gentleman.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,903
    Images
    58

    Default

    YIPPEE....can't wait to get my hands on some of this stuff....Shave Gel, AfterShave Wax, RazoRock XXX....

    Great Job Joseph
    All evidence has been buried.
    All tapes have been erased.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    winnipeg manitoba
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Why Why.....Joe no......there will be an order soon....I feel it.
    Honey Badger don't care, it just takes what it wants.....

  5. #5

    Default

    After shave wax for me. And lots of it. And some of that xxx will be ordered on the 19th for sure. But what's the smell on that wax.?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,942

    Default

    excellent looking prices on the vitos!
    -Darren

    "Why go out for hamburger when you can have steak at home?" - Paul Newman

    [COLOR="Red"]Member of the B&B 2011 Rudy Vey custom Brush Buy[/COLOR]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    More stuff to try Joseph!!
    Tony

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Can you tell us a little more about this aftershave wax? Is it like a balm, if not what makes it different? BTW my wallet is already crying with these announcements Thanks for always having very fair pricing.

  9. #9

    Talking

    Great news all around, and great pricing on the Vitos soap!

    I'm feeling the urges to reoder. I predict it will become overwhelming later this month.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,287
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post
    Can you tell us a little more about this aftershave wax? Is it like a balm, if not what makes it different? BTW my wallet is already crying with these announcements Thanks for always having very fair pricing.
    Good morning

    I wouldn't call it a balm. For me, a balm is more liquidity in consistency. This Aftershave Wax is creamy in consistency. It's very easily applied with a dap on your index finger and is very moisturizing but absolutely non-greasy. You will be impressed for sure. I am still blown away daily when I use it. I can't believe how my soap-maker took my thoughts from paper and made it absolutely perfect with the finished product. The scent is something really really special, in my opinion.

    Just for a teaser, the First ingredient is Orange Blossom Water

    -joseph
    Last edited by RazoRock; 04-09-2011 at 07:50 AM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Razorock - Looks like you will have more orders than you can handle?

    Looking forward to trying out the Vitos, as well as some of the Razorock line.

    You mention using USPS Priority in to the US. A little (potential new) customer feedback - I am fine if an order takes a little longer if it saves money on the shipping. From my point of view, there is no urgency to getting that next soap. With my backlog of soaps, a little wait for a new soap is no problem. So, please consider a cheaper shipping method, if available.

    if we lose the ability to track the order, it is worth it to save the money.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,287
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard1 View Post
    Razorock - Looks like you will have more orders than you can handle?

    Looking forward to trying out the Vitos, as well as some of the Razorock line.

    You mention using USPS Priority in to the US. A little (potential new) customer feedback - I am fine if an order takes a little longer if it saves money on the shipping. From my point of view, there is no urgency to getting that next soap. With my backlog of soaps, a little wait for a new soap is no problem. So, please consider a cheaper shipping method, if available.

    if we lose the ability to track the order, it is worth it to save the money.
    Hi Leonard,

    I appreciate the feedback.

    USPS Priority Parcel is estimated at 4-8 business days; the problem with regular ground is the estimated time is 6-12 business days, which can be 2.5 - 3 weeks with weekends and holidays.

    Whether the service has tracking or not, every package has insurance included.

    I find USPS priority to be a great service, it's just a little costly but some customers really like the tracking ability.

    On lighter orders I use USA Air parcel which is estimated at 4-10 business days but it's usually pretty fast. It's only good for orders under 1kg though.
    Last edited by RazoRock; 04-09-2011 at 10:46 AM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Very Very Nice!
    Feather AS + Feather SS = BBS!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazoRock View Post
    Hi Leonard,

    I appreciate the feedback.

    USPS Priority Parcel is estimated at 4-8 business days; the problem with regular ground is the estimated time is 6-12 business days, which can be 2.5 - 3 weeks with weekends and holidays.

    Whether the service has tracking or not, every package has insurance included.

    I find USPS priority to be a great service, it's just a little costly but some customers really like the tracking ability.

    On lighter orders I use USA Air parcel which is estimated at 4-10 business days but it's usually pretty fast. It's only good for orders under 1kg though.
    I won't presume to speak for the average customer, but I would be fine with the longer wait time, especially since these 1kg of Vitos are kind of an exceptional item in terms of shipping shave goods. i would guess - but others would need to chime in - that since this is likely the average soap users 10th soap and not the 1st, that the wait is ok.

    But, I also understand there is complexity and cost to adding another shipment option on your website and managing another shipment option for your pick, pack, and ship process.

    Either way, i will be a new customer when the Vitos has arrived - just hope to save a few bucks on shipping .

    Also, I appreciate you doing the research and reposting. Appreciate the extra effort on a Saturday.

    EDIT: btw - as a customer, I really only worry about strict tracking and a tracking number when I am dealing with a new or unknown to me vendor. You have a great reputation here, so having a tracking number would not be a concern in this case.
    Last edited by Leonard1; 04-09-2011 at 11:22 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    950
    Images
    2

    Default

    Can't wait to get some Vitos. Gotta work through some more of my P160 stock pile first.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Bay, Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    "You mention using USPS Priority in to the US. A little (potential new) customer feedback - I am fine if an order takes a little longer if it saves money on the shipping. From my point of view, there is no urgency to getting that next soap. With my backlog of soaps, a little wait for a new soap is no problem. So, please consider a cheaper shipping method, if available.

    if we lose the ability to track the order, it is worth it to save the money."


    I'm of the same mind, I don't care if it takes longer to get shaving products. It's just not that important for me to get them fast. Would rather have economical shipping costs even if it takes longer.

    DD

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,287
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard1 View Post
    I won't presume to speak for the average customer, but I would be fine with the longer wait time, especially since these 1kg of Vitos are kind of an exceptional item in terms of shipping shave goods. i would guess - but others would need to chime in - that since this is likely the average soap users 10th soap and not the 1st, that the wait is ok.

    But, I also understand there is complexity and cost to adding another shipment option on your website and managing another shipment option for your pick, pack, and ship process.

    Either way, i will be a new customer when the Vitos has arrived - just hope to save a few bucks on shipping .

    Also, I appreciate you doing the research and reposting. Appreciate the extra effort on a Saturday.

    EDIT: btw - as a customer, I really only worry about strict tracking and a tracking number when I am dealing with a new or unknown to me vendor. You have a great reputation here, so having a tracking number would not be a concern in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Deluxe View Post
    "You mention using USPS Priority in to the US. A little (potential new) customer feedback - I am fine if an order takes a little longer if it saves money on the shipping. From my point of view, there is no urgency to getting that next soap. With my backlog of soaps, a little wait for a new soap is no problem. So, please consider a cheaper shipping method, if available.

    if we lose the ability to track the order, it is worth it to save the money."


    I'm of the same mind, I don't care if it takes longer to get shaving products. It's just not that important for me to get them fast. Would rather have economical shipping costs even if it takes longer.

    DD
    Thank you; I really appreciate the input and feedback.

    -joseph

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,402
    Images
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazoRock View Post
    Good morning

    I wouldn't call it a balm. For me, a balm is more liquidity in consistency. This Aftershave Wax is creamy in consistency.
    Somewhat closer to Proraso Pre/Post then?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Deluxe View Post
    "You mention using USPS Priority in to the US. A little (potential new) customer feedback - I am fine if an order takes a little longer if it saves money on the shipping. From my point of view, there is no urgency to getting that next soap. With my backlog of soaps, a little wait for a new soap is no problem. So, please consider a cheaper shipping method, if available.

    if we lose the ability to track the order, it is worth it to save the money."


    I'm of the same mind, I don't care if it takes longer to get shaving products. It's just not that important for me to get them fast. Would rather have economical shipping costs even if it takes longer.

    DD
    I gotta be 100% honest. When I order something from you, I want it as fast as possible. I was going to suggest that you deliver it to my home, in person, but if you won't.... I'll settle for Priority Mail.
    When you are positively convinced that your problem is not your technique.... it's probably still your technique.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,287
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    Somewhat closer to Proraso Pre/Post then?
    It consistency yes, like a soft cream. In performance, a totally different beast

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbalkan View Post
    I gotta be 100% honest. When I order something from you, I want it as fast as possible. I was going to suggest that you deliver it to my home, in person, but if you won't.... I'll settle for Priority Mail.
    Peter, I live north of Toronto and I hate the cold... believe me, in the winter I look for every excuse to get out of the cold. If it was economically viable I would be personally delivering all the packages to warm and sunny Arizona!

Similar Threads

  1. ItalianBarber.com January Update
    By RazoRock in forum Vendor Items For Sale
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 11:06 PM
  2. ItalianBarber.com JULY Update
    By RazoRock in forum Vendor Items For Sale
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM
  3. ItalianBarber.com: May Update
    By RazoRock in forum Vendor Items For Sale
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 07:28 PM
  4. ItalianBarber.com February Update...
    By RazoRock in forum Vendor Items For Sale
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 10:05 AM
  5. December update for Italianbarber.com
    By RazoRock in forum Vendor Items For Sale
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.