What's new

Bond,...James Bond. (Gillette Slim Handle)

A good buddy of mine has my Slim, Merkur HD, and a Tech right now. Watching Goldfinger recently spurred his interest (added some vogue to DE shaving I guess), so I was happy to have him hold on to the razors to see if he wants to try them out. Sadly, I don't think he will take the plunge, it has been a month now and he still hasn't given it a shot. :thumbdown

Oh well, I don't encourage or push, just enable.

I recall one film where Bond was using a Schick Injector. Don't remember which title that was.

I am always looking for that page when this subject comes up.

I thought he preferred Hoffritz?

As stated, in the book, yes.

I recall one film where Bond was using a Schick Injector. Don't remember which title that was.

You know, I think you may be right. You never see that on any of the sites though. Have to check it out.

Was it "Live and let die" by any chance?

That is what I am thinking. He starts to shave and checks the mirror for a message, IIRC.

I am always looking for that page when this subject comes up.

As stated, in the book, yes.

You know, I think you may be right. You never see that on any of the sites though. Have to check it out.

That is what I am thinking. He starts to shave and checks the mirror for a message, IIRC.

In the book of On Her 'Majesty's Secret Service' it describes him turning a Gillette into a knuckleduster by removing the blade and grasping the handle in his fist between his middle and ring fingers with the head on the outside. It sounds like Travel Tech as I can't think of anything else with a handle short enough to hold in a fist that way.

I have a 64 slim and find it kind of nostalgic when I shave with it..

+1 Same for me, and it prevents me from buying a Fat Boy, etc. I guess I'll never learn.

In Goldfinger, it only shows Bond removing the small tracking device from the bottom of the handle. Somehow. But it does show him preparing to shave in Goldfinger's Lear jet later.

Top Bottom