What's new

Ever-Ready 925 Black, Butterscotch, and Boar Restoration

Alright ladies and gentlemen. Here is my second installment of Ever-Ready brush restores.

This time I paired the butterscotch base with the last of the UK Cream Boar 20mm knot from The Golden Nib. Loft is set about 50mm. Enjoy!

Before, I bought the brush from Merkur25 and it was in very good shape:
proxy.php

proxy.php

After a Flitz polish and reknot:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

check out it's maiden lather:
proxy.php

The twins and their little brother in the back. I have top of the line badger plans for the red and black 150 in the background... stay tuned!
proxy.php

I just got a 925 butterscotch in the mail today. I'm loving the look and feel of it. I need to locate the other colors now for an affordable price. Those emerald green ones are hot right now.

I think I'm going to go in the direction of a really big Silvertip or Finest two band.

Hey, I think the red looks the best...not that I'm biased or anything :lol: (I have a red one that's about to get restored)

How many different colors were produced for this style of brush? We have at least three: Green, Butterscotch, and that amazing looking red.

Hey, I think the red looks the best...not that I'm biased or anything :lol: (I have a red one that's about to get restored)

How many different colors were produced for this style of brush? We have at least three: Green, Butterscotch, and that amazing looking red.

haha except YOUR red/black is a 200, not a 925 punk! :biggrin1:

Wow man! Great job on the restore! The brush turned out great :thumbup1:

I am happy to see that you are enjoying it alot.

Really looking forward to seeing the outcome after seeing some of your other work, buddydog!

Last edited:
Top Bottom