What's new

Where to buy knots?

I know everyone talks about TGN knots. Has anyone purchased a knot from someone other than TGN? And how was the quality of the knot?

There was a thread a week or so ago about the knots being sold over at Whippeddog.com as being just as good as TGN ones.

I am thinking of getting a knot, got a really lovely vintage brush waiting for one:laugh: i was looking at larrys, every time i have dealt with him, he has shown to be a complete gent, also being here in the uk, there is nowhere, i know, that sells them over here:thumbdown

I have purchased knots from both TGN and whipped dog and they are certainly both excellent choices.

However, I have also recently discovered knots from PC Woodcraft and Pens under the shaving accessories section. I have not had any direct experience with either the vendor or the knots, but it is also worth a look. There are a few people on this forum with brushes from this source and I have not heard of any complaints.

Options can be good, but it can also make the decision harder. :biggrin1:

Thanks,
CZ

I just thought of something. No matter where purchased, I can't remember anyone ever saying that they bought a badger hair knot that wasn't a good knot. I am not asking for names, but has anyone been burned based on quality when buying badger hair knots?

I have restored brushes with knots from TGN, and I recently ordered a 22mm silvertip from Larry at WhippedDog. I will be ordering another 22mm Silvertip from TGN.

I'll be installing each of the two knots into two of the same handles - Century #4 (I have two, just different colors).

Check "PozzSka'a Brush Projects" to follow along. (no guarantee that they'll be done by any particular date)

FWIW, I like the knots from TGN very much. I am going to order a Simpson or two, so I can compare to TGN, as well as a Rooney, sometime in the near future (If I can scrounge up the cash).

Top Bottom