What's new

Yardley Soaps - Tallow as first ingredient

Are these any good? I just picked up a few on sale over at the local Walgreens drugstore. They smell great and have Tallow listed as the first ingredient. They were next to some shaving products, but I don't think they are necessarily shave soaps....

What do you think?

You have the bath soap. Their shaving soap was discontinued sometime in the 80s. It's still findable on eBay, tho at wildly varying price points.

Good luck!

There are two. Both are bath soaps. One is ~$1 a bar, the other is ~$10 a bar. The expensive one has a nicer scent and is milled harder (lasts longer), but I don't know/care enough about bath soap to tell you what else is different. Neither makes good shaving lather.

If you head over to the Skin, Body, & Hair Care forum down the line a little bit there's numerous threads about the Yardley bath soap.

I personally love it. I was using MWF bath soap previously and when that ran out I couldn't stomach what I had paid for it again. $1/bar or less for the Yardley is a great bargain! I've found it in Oatmeal in Almond, Cucumber Aloe, Lemon Verbena, and Lavender.

Top Bottom