What's new

eBayer won't pay...grrrrr!

Wow, nothing more frustrating than an eBayer who buys your razor but then won't pay and/or answer email notifications! So now you can't even give negative feedback to buyers - it surely is a seller's nightmare. Next person will never know this guy doesn't pay. Some people just suck. :thumbdown

File an unpaid item strike on him. If he gets enough of them he will get the boot from eBay, and he can't retaliate with a negative to your feedback.

Always remember to add buyer requirements to your auctions to prevent buyers with unpaid item strikes against them or poor feedback scores from bidding.

Can you not just offer it to the next bidder down? You may not get as much but it's better than relisting. How long have you been waiting? What were you selling? If it was an open comb British aristocrat, maybe I could step in. I have a really nice cased #58 to trade and I'll throw in £50. :thumbup1:

File an unpaid item strike on him. If he gets enough of them he will get the boot from eBay, and he can't retaliate with a negative to your feedback.

Always remember to add buyer requirements to your auctions to prevent buyers with unpaid item strikes against them or poor feedback scores from bidding.

This is the best advice given eBay's current policies, I believe.

Open a case with Ebay. I just had the exact opposite happen. I bought an item and didn't receive it. Opened a case and finally got the item. It was post marked 3 weeks after the date I payed him. I got the item and promptly left negative feedback. Not a single message from the seller during the entire transaction.

Dinging him through ebay feedback or case resolution is the only way to prevent them from doing it to someone else later.

Sellers often use the excuse, that they're away on holiday when an auction ends so buyers will have to wait for weeks to get their item. My view is; if you're planning to go away, don't put stuff on Ebay till you get back.

Sellers often use the excuse, that they're away on holiday when an auction ends so buyers will have to wait for weeks to get their item. My view is; if you're planning to go away, don't put stuff on Ebay till you get back.

Or at least put a notification on the auction that you're going to be away, which most sellers will bother to do in my experience.

Top Bottom