What's new

Three Stooges Movie - Who would you Cast?

To borrow from Doc4's theme of casting Gilligan's Island, I'd like to invite you to nominate the actors you think would make a great trio for the upcoming Farrelly brothers film.

Originally, the film had its casting set with Jim Carrey (Curly), Sean Penn (Moe), and Benicio Del Toro (Larry). I was looking forward to that cast. They have bowed out, however.

It's been confirmed today that Will Sasso (you'll probably recognize his face if you see it, but I can't remember what he's been in) will be playing Curly. And Sean Hayes (of Will & Grace fame) will be playing Larry. Johnny Knoxville was long rumored to be a shoe-in for Moe, but he's declined. Now Hank Azaria is rumored to be up for the role (he'd be a good Moe, I think).

They might seem odd choices but I like:

William H. Macy as Moe.

Michael Chiklis as Curly.

Steve Buscemi as Larry.

What do you B&Bers think?

If I cast based on personality, rather than looks:

Moe and his borderline sadism: Gary Oldman
Larry and his inferiority complex: Alan Rickman
Curly and his high strung stupidity and zaniness: Charlie Sheen

If I cast based on looks, I would be Moe, since we share a haircut.

If I cast based on personality, rather than looks:

Moe and his borderline sadism: Gary Oldman
Larry and his inferiority complex: Alan Rickman
Curly and his high strung stupidity and zaniness: Charlie Sheen

If I cast based on looks, I would be Moe, since we share a haircut.

:thumbup1:

To borrow from Doc4's theme of casting Gilligan's Island, I'd like to invite you to nominate the actors you think would make a great trio for the upcoming Farrelly brothers film.

Originally, the film had its casting set with Jim Carrey (Curly), Sean Penn (Moe), and Benicio Del Toro (Larry). I was looking forward to that cast. They have bowed out, however.

It's been confirmed today that Will Sasso (you'll probably recognize his face if you see it, but I can't remember what he's been in) will be playing Curly. And Sean Hayes (of Will & Grace fame) will be playing Larry. Johnny Knoxville was long rumored to be a shoe-in for Moe, but he's declined. Now Hank Azaria is rumored to be up for the role (he'd be a good Moe, I think).

They might seem odd choices but I like:

William H. Macy as Moe.

Michael Chiklis as Curly.

Steve Buscemi as Larry.

What do you B&Bers think?

Actually, trying to redo the 3 Stooges is like trying to redo the Duke. Sounds like a REALLY lame idea...:thumbdown

Is this a movie about the Stooges, or a movie that will try to emulate the Stooges and their antics?

It's the Farrelly Brothers, so I'm assuming it's not going to be a biopic. I think they're going to have a series of antics.

I agree that it would be a great biopic. It would have been interesting to see the Sean Penn, Del Toro, and Jim Carrey do this film. With the new casting I'm not interested in seeing it.

I was just thinking about how many better options are out there to play these roles than the guys who are said to be on board currently.

Although Hank Azaria is really great. I'm sure he'll make a good Moe.

Top Bottom