What's new

Feather Artist Club Blades ?

just received a Feather Japanese AC razor and a pack of the 'Pro' (black box) blades. Checking the Italian Barber's site for a reload I see they also have a 'light' (green box), 'pro-guard' (grey box) and 'super' (gold box). Anyone care to rate/compare which blades they prefer?

Thanks

Out of the Feather blades, I prefer the Pro Supers (everyone keeps calling them the Super Pros). Although they are technically the most aggressive blade and I have sensitive skin, I've found them to be the most consistent blade, which is more important to me.

The Supers stick out a bit further, which allows for a shallower angle, which I find key when using a Feather.

When I use my Feathers I like the super's in my DX, but the regular pro's are better in my RG. I find the RG to be heavier than the DX, so the regular's work better.

As always this is what works for me, and of course YMMV. :thumbup1:

I pretty much have the Pro and the Pro Supers at about the same level, I like them both, I actually get a closer shave with the Pros though, funnily enough. I stay away from the Lights, they were OK going with the grain, but against the grain felt like i was shaving with a hot iron bar. The guarded blades are ok and do give a presentable shave, but after a while you will want to go the whole hog.

Top Bottom