What's new

Pinaud Bay Rum, Yarrr!!!!!!!!

Got the Pinaud Bay Rum yesterday, in time to wear it as cologne to see Pirates of the Caribean, Arrrr!!!!! Smells lovely, I like the picture of a ship on the bottle.

Tried it as aftershave this morning, Whoooooo!!!!!! Yes it did burn! Very invigorating, this is fun!

I've heard that the Pinaud line is readily available at drugstores. Well, at Walgreen's I found the Clubman, which I do like. But I can't seem to find any of the other Pinaud flavors. Is there some particular chain that carries a good selection of them, like CVS, Wal-Mart or whatever?

I found the Bay Rum at Eckerds. Good stuff!
I don't know if we have any Eckerd's left in Texas. Most were bought out by CVS and converted or closed. I went by one CVS today, and they had the Clubman, but no others.

I've heard that the Pinaud line is readily available at drugstores. Well, at Walgreen's I found the Clubman, which I do like. But I can't seem to find any of the other Pinaud flavors. Is there some particular chain that carries a good selection of them, like CVS, Wal-Mart or whatever?

nobody carried anyhitng around here (indiana) except the original.

I bought most of the line from "drugstore.com"

the y have free shipping for orders over $25

I got

bay rum
lime sec
citrus musk
original
musk
vanilla
lilac vegetal (I don't like it)
special reserve (absolutely dreadful, It smells like an old lady mixed wtih cigarettes. ugh)

I don't know if we have any Eckerd's left in Texas. Most were bought out by CVS and converted or closed. I went by one CVS today, and they had the Clubman, but no others.

Didn't even realize we're from the same place.

Walgreens is hit or miss, but I've found 3 or 4 of the different clubman varieties in the Dallas area. There's one off of buckingham(I think) that carries a few scents. Otherwise, the location around abrams/skillman should have a couple for sure. Locally I've found;

bay rum
original
lilac vegetal
special reserve

I've only bought the bay rum (the one w/the ship on it) and tend to use it for a quick dash of scent. I've only used it twice right after a shave. The first time I used it straight and it burned like the fires of hades. The second time I mixed it w/a little water and 100% glycerin. That time it still burned like hades, but my skin was sticky after (too much glycerin).

There's also a couple of Indian grocery stores that carry alum blocks (they're old but work) off of 75 & beltline on the west side.

There's a knife shop in willow bend that carries brushes and some vintage razors. The brushes are overpriced, but I picked up a 40's SS for a decent price a while back.

~Joshua

I usually use it as an EDT since it stings so darn bad.

Today, I was pretty stupid and decided it had been some time since I used it as an aftershave. Boy, big mistake!

Just used some after today's shave. Very nice fragrance. I must be one of the lucky few, because for me it doesn't burn more than any other aftershave.

I've looked everywhere in Dallas for it. All I can find is some cheap stuff at a beauty supply store. It smelly bad.

Lemme know if you find any.

I found a bottle at Rite Aid which I believe is a national chain drugstore/pharmacy. I know of two here in Eugene.

Clayton

I've been using this stuff quite a lot, the burn is excellent! Really wakes me up in the morning, and does a great job clearing a hangover. I always found Musgo Real a good cream for that, it smells nice and fresh, but finishing up with Pinaud Bay Rum really does the trick!

I've looked everywhere in Dallas for it. All I can find is some cheap stuff at a beauty supply store. It smelly bad.

Lemme know if you find any.

You can get the bay rum scent and possibly the lilac vegetal at some Walgreens. But it's hit or miss. The location at Abrams/Skillman should have it. That's where I picked up mine anyway.

~Joshua

You might try e-barbershop.com. I got mine there. They also carry a wide variety of old-time (some discontinued) scents and products, eg. Williams soaps, English Leather products, &c. BTW, if you wait a minute or so before putting on the Pinaud, it hardly burns at all. If not, it burns a bit more, but it's hardly intolerable.
Slightly OT, the Chicago Tribune had an article on wet shaving this week. I forget exactly which day.

IMO the whole attraction of Pinaud Bay Rum is its smell and its alcohol burn: my shave isn't complete without the feel of alcohol on my face and Pinaud BR is the exemplar.

Yarr, it's great stuff. Menthol cooling sensation? Nah! Moisturising? Real men don't moisturise, they rub their faces with dessicant!
This is an excellent aftershave, the burn surpasses anything I've experienced, I love it!

Didn't even realize we're from the same place.

Walgreens is hit or miss, but I've found 3 or 4 of the different clubman varieties in the Dallas area. There's one off of buckingham(I think) that carries a few scents. Otherwise, the location around abrams/skillman should have a couple for sure. Locally I've found;

bay rum
original
lilac vegetal
special reserve

I've only bought the bay rum (the one w/the ship on it) and tend to use it for a quick dash of scent. I've only used it twice right after a shave. The first time I used it straight and it burned like the fires of hades. The second time I mixed it w/a little water and 100% glycerin. That time it still burned like hades, but my skin was sticky after (too much glycerin).

There's also a couple of Indian grocery stores that carry alum blocks (they're old but work) off of 75 & beltline on the west side.

There's a knife shop in willow bend that carries brushes and some vintage razors. The brushes are overpriced, but I picked up a 40's SS for a decent price a while back.

~Joshua

I'm in Dallas also and can swing by the Abrams/Skillman Walgreens, to pick up the Bay Rum. If it isn't too much trouble, where are the other locations that carry different Clubmans? All of them by me only have the original.

M

modern man

Glad I could help tear your face off with the Pinaud Bay Rum. :biggrin:

Lilac Vegetal? I had this about 4 years ago and forgot it at my gym, but I remember it did not smell all that good. I've seen it but never have picked it up again.
Happy Shaving:redface:

John

Top Bottom