What's new

Some people just suck!

I am in Washington DC. Arrived here Saturday evening. Sunday morning wife calls to tell me that someone put a rock through my SRT-8'S windshield!!! Have never, ever had a problem in our neighborhood. Just weird, and I am pissed! Neighbors BMW'S were not touched, I have not had a cross word with anyone, I am a union representative, maybe it was just someones drunk *** kid. Lucky I was not home.......:angry:

Most likely a completely random event perpetrated by a punk teenage kid with no respect or regard for anyone but himself. It's something I would've done as a teenager, unfortunately.

Random act of stupidity, or maybe somebody jealous of a nice car.

If it's any consolation, having a beater is no defense. My ancient Civic got a busted window at a wedding, and the thief got an outmoded GPS that I hung on to mainly 'cause I had used it in the service, and a cell phone that wouldn't fetch five bucks on Ebay.

Cop told me that the thieves staked out the parking lot and picked me out of a sea of nicer cars 'cause they saw me put the phone away and figured it must be valuable if I was stashing it. I just didn't want it ringing during the wedding. I've since learned to put away anything I'm going to stow before I get to a parking area.

If it's any consolation, having a beater is no defense. My ancient Civic got a busted window at a wedding, and the thief got an outmoded GPS that I hung on to mainly 'cause I had used it in the service, and a cell phone that wouldn't fetch five bucks on Ebay.

I was out visiting relatives in CA, and I had my Tomtom 125 GPS with me in various cars. Everyone was freaking out, telling me that people would break the windows to get the GPS device, so I was having to totally remove the windshield mount and wiping the little round GPS circle residue from the windshield. What a pain in the ***. You can get these GPS's for $30 off of ebay, and a pawn shop would only pay $15 or so for one. No one messes with them here in Ohio.

Thieves are pathetic and desperate. I forgot to lock the gate at my sister's house in CA, and the next morning, we discovered my sister's bike had been stolen. Really?!? Leave the gate unlocked (but closed) just ONCE, and a $40 bike disappears, so I guess thieves check nightly for open gates.

Thieves, especially those trying to feed an addiction, will steal anything they think can get them any money at all. I've seen cars broken into for the change that was visible in an ash tray. I worked on a case at the prosecutor's office where a tweaker tried to steal brass vases from a cemetery. Even though they were quite large and heavy they weren't worth much money at all (the estimated scrap value on them was about $10) and had the cemetery's name engraved on them, so most scrap yards wouldn't take them. She had to drive up to them to try to get them loaded into her van and promptly got stuck in the mud. Really kind of sad.

last summer some dirtbags broke the window in our minivan to take a bowl of change (maybe 2 dollars in nickels and pennies) and my sons T ball bat. The idiots left my video gear alone though. More than 5 grand worth of Tripod and C-stands in the back.

Top Bottom