What's new

Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this morning's parcels:

full

Into the humidor in preparation for New Years Eve...

That's Octobers tobacco purchase accounted for and it's already halfway through November!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, Cap'n! The Monte Petit Tubos are a tubed No. 4, aren't they?

I really need to get around to picking up some of those H. Upmann Mag 46's one of these days. I have heard good things about both the 46's and 50's.

Happy New Year indeed!

Very nice, Cap'n! The Monte Petit Tubos are a tubed No. 4, aren't they?

That's correct. I bought the tubos this time 'round so I'd have some way of safely transporting cigars to events.

I really need to get around to picking up some of those H. Upmann Mag 46's one of these days. I have heard good things about both the 46's and 50's.

Me too! I used to smoke Upmann's half coronas (singulares?) that came in a silver tube partly because they were so convenient to take places. I can't remember why I stopped. Possibly they got too pricey. I've probably still got a couple of tubes somewhere. Anyway, I read a couple of glowing reviews and thought I'd give them a go. I hope they haven't toned them down over the years - I remember Upmanns as a strong, [I[dark[/I] smoke.

The Cohibas are bait for my plumber (as I think I said elsewhere, keeping him happy is why I by them). I have something I want him to do in the new year that he's not going to enjoy and I'll need to soften him up with tobacco and liquor first...

Okay it's all in. This is the November haul.

(No, it's not an AD. It's an investment.)

Attachments

• $DSCF1088.jpg
    $DSCF1088.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 203
  • $DSCF1090.jpg
    $DSCF1090.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 202
Nice haul!! What's the pipe, 3rd from the right in your pipe rack? It looks a lot like my no-name briar that has become on of my favorite pipes so far. I like that rack too, is it the one that you mentioned you got off of ebay? It looks like maybe it has a drawer underneath?

Nice haul!! What's the pipe, 3rd from the right in your pipe rack? It looks a lot like my no-name briar that has become on of my favorite pipes so far. I like that rack too, is it the one that you mentioned you got off of ebay? It looks like maybe it has a drawer underneath?

The pipe is exactly that: a "no-name briar" (Wimbledon, anyone?) that I grabbed on the bay & cleaned up.

Yes that is the same rack, and it does indeed have a drawer underneath. Too small for anything other than pipe tools & a few cleaners, but still a nice touch. Not bad for six bucks.

Well I meant to post this last night... but the camera batteries died and I had to get to work.

I was one of the lucky recipients of Laz's PIF!

I recieved a Box of Parodi dry cured cigars, 2 Alec Bradley Cigars(a Sun Grown Robusto & a Overture Corona, I believe), and some shaving accoutrements!! I can't wait to try one the Parodi cigars over the holiday weekend. I will be posting a mini review of the 3 different Cigars over the coming weeks so keep your eyes on the CotD thread!

Thanks again, Laz!

Jay

Edit-And if I pick up batteries todays I will post a pic!

Last edited:
$ea9a1b400aa80bbf00cfc3f5184b.jpg

Just picked up my first real pipe.

Savinelli Trevi Liscia 616

I like the look and feel, nice and hefty. Gonna try it tomorrow!

Also picked up an ounce of 'Back Room', a shop blend loaded with Latakia.

Nice Pipe! I'd like to know what you think of the Rum flake when you get around to it.

Thanks! Yes I'm pretty optimistic about the Rum Flake. I think it was James that recommended it, and I haven't yet tried a GH product that I didn't really like. (Okay, so that only amounts to two, but they're both in the "love" column so far.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom