What's new

Ever Ready Razor

Got this to go along with my American Razor Co. Straight Razor, I believe they are made by the same company. If my findings are correct "not sure" they were made by American Safety Razor Co.

There doesn't appear to be too much information regarding this American Razor Co. If you dug around you probably see where someone indicated they started out in the 1860's and later became ASR. I don't know how they came up with that though - it is clearly something that could bear more information.

At this point I wouldn't assume that American Razor Co and American Safety Razor Co are one and the same. It is a very interesting question though!

Hopefully someone with more information could pipe in.

Very nice! Im in the beginner stages of collecting old razors, I hope I can find one of those! I have been hitting all the antique and thrift stores as of late!:thumbup:

Jerimiah Reichard a former Kampfe employee founded the Gem Cutlery Co. in 1898 and with August Scheubert The Reichrd and Sheubert Manufact Co. It was breifly renamed Yankee wegge/hoe type razor co. and in 1905 it became Ever-ready company.
In 1906 Joe Kaufman was 1st pres. of the new American Safety Razor Co.(ASR) Ever -ready becamr a ASR brand and they abandoned the wedge razor blade and made the single edge razor blade. Around this time GEM Cutlery Co. began selling similar GEM razors.

Are you saying that American Razor Co is not related to ASR??? The early history of ASR is as you have described, but I am no clearer on the relation to this other name.

Any thoughts Alex2363??

Perhaps the use of American Razor Co. was an error.

The company was called American Safety Razor Co. (or A.S.R.) and did end up being the company that manufactured razors under the Star, Ever Ready, and Gem names.

Top Bottom