What's new

5th attempt - not bad

After two very uncomfortable shaves last week, one of which left me with quite a bit of blood-loss and red bumps, I've just had a successful shave with only minor irritation. I probably should have waited another day or two to let friday's massacre fully resolve itself but I know I'm going to be too busy to shave and since I'm flying on tuesday, I don't want to look like I've been stranded on an island. The shave wasn't as close as I've been getting on the neck area, but it wasn't worth risking another bad experience just for a BBS shave.

I also tried to face-lather for the first time and I'm impressed. I've probably used more cream than is economical but I thought it was better to get a comfortable shave than be frugal. I'm also learning that the direction of hair growth on my neck is most definately N/S so from now on I'm going to try to pay more attention to the direction (which is diagonally across my neck) to try and avoid a repeat of what happened on friday (I seriously should have posted some pictures as a warning against getting too cocky, but I was in too much pain to think of it!)

On a final note, just want to say thanks to all those who post/give advice on this forum as it has really helped me out over the last couple of weeks, and I hope to continue learning and making progress because of it http://badgerandblade.com/vb/images/smilies/yellow_guys/thumbup.gif

Congratulations on that shave. In time, it will improve much further. This site is marvellous. In a year or so, I have learn't more than I could ever have imagined. Share and learn. And that is exactly what B&B is all about.:thumbup1:

Nice that your are gradually finding your way to better shaves! That is what keeps most of us here ... the constant improvement and enjoyment.

Top Bottom