What's new

Firefly Chai

I just got this one in from Mountain Rose Herbs. It is wonderful and I was really pleased with the service I got.

Have a couple more to try out - Yerba Mate and Oregan Chai...

I haven't tried their Firefly Chai, but I do love their Oregon Chai. Their Fairytale Tea, Earl Grey, and English Breakfast are also quite good.

I haven't tried their Firefly Chai, but I do love their Oregon Chai. Their Fairytale Tea, Earl Grey, and English Breakfast are also quite good.

If you like Earl Greys you should try Harney and Sons Viennese Earl Grey...this stuff knocked my socks off! Their Earl Grey Supreme and Supreme Breakfast blend are quite good as well.

Oh I love Earl Grey teas, added this to my list for my next purchase.

Kristina - I tried the Yerba mate tonight and although it's good, I much prefer the Chai so far. Next up is the Oregon Chai..... I was looking at the Fairytale tea as well so now I'll need to get it too..... :biggrin1:

Tom just looked up Harney and Sons - I could lose my wallet in there (not worried about my mind - it went a long time ago :lol: )

Cheers

Yes...they have quite a collection. I was turned onto them by another member here. I've found the quality and value of their teas to be great...their service is quite good as well.

But for the love of all things, stay away from Teavana.

Yes...learned that lesson early on. Their teas aren't horrible, not all that great either...but they are WAY overpriced.

H&S on the other hand...great tea...great value and they even include the tin.

You know, I've never had chai that wasn't in a latte (and haven't even had that in a long time). I liked it then, though - the complex, spicy flavor went really nicely with steamed milk. I'm not a huge blends/herbals guy, but perhaps I should snag some.

My problem with chai like that (meaning the picture) is that while you do get good flavor, you waste a lot of spices. I mean those big cardamom pods and cinnamon chips sitting in there can be ground up and the flavor goes further. Add some black pepper to your next cup, too. It gives a subtle warming to your mouth. :thumbup1:

Their recipe seems good except for the Darjeeling. Chai needs a good, strong base like Assam in my opinion; but then again, no chai is the same.

And for the love of all that is holy, make it on the stove. :laugh: I hope that's in their directions.

My problem with chai like that (meaning the picture) is that while you do get good flavor, you waste a lot of spices. I mean those big cardamom pods and cinnamon chips sitting in there can be ground up and the flavor goes further. Add some black pepper to your next cup, too. It gives a subtle warming to your mouth. :thumbup1:

Their recipe seems good except for the Darjeeling. Chai needs a good, strong base like Assam in my opinion; but then again, no chai is the same.

And for the love of all that is holy, make it on the stove. :laugh: I hope that's in their directions.

I'm not sure what you mean by make it on the stove? How else would you make it?

I would like to point out that in addition to their Oregon Chai, English Breakfast, Earl Grey, and Fairytale Tea, their Orange Spice is also quite yummy.

I had some English Breakfast this morning, and due to some pretty nasty stress headaches, have some Fairytale Tea going. I find it helps.

Top Bottom