What's new

Post Your Pictures - Framebacks

My favourite series of threads, the show your pictures threads. We've seen some amazing japanese razors, we've drooled over some great covered tangs, we've lusted after old old stubby tailed hunks of steel.. but now its Frameback time. I really like framebacks, in that they combine lightness and stiffness all together, making for a real performance razor. A 10/8 super-wedge will slice through razors like theyre not there, and a tiny super hollowed out solingen razor will whip around your face like a sportscar, but a frameback will combine these two to give you an amazing combination of the two. So lets see the framebacks you're working with!

Beginning with mine...

This Rogers frameback is an awesome shaver, really one of my favourites. It has juuuuuust enough flex to get around my face nicely, and looks awesome. Definately the only Rogers in this style ive come across.

proxy.php

My little Wosty here is a looker, the brass spine on steel complements the gold in horn of the scales, even though they are a bit worn. It also is really wegdey, even though its a frameback which makes for a very interesting shave.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Eric Anton Berg

proxy.php

JLC (Jaques Lecoultre?)

proxy.php

Jaques Lecoultre

proxy.php

Veritable Farge

proxy.php

A. Touzet (a very well travelled razor!)

proxy.php

Le Grelot

proxy.php

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
This is mine. Still unrestored and "in the pile". I really can't tell you too much about it other than it is French and I bought it off BST. I think it will look nice when I get a chance to fix it up.

Can any of you guys shed any light on this brand and model? Any good?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
This is mine. Still unrestored and "in the pile". I really can't tell you too much about it other than it is French and I bought it off BST. I think it will look nice when I get a chance to fix it up.

Can any of you guys shed any light on this brand and model? Any good?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Can you write what's written on the razor? I'm not 100% on everything.

We've seen some amazing japanese razors, we've drooled over some great covered tangs, we've lusted after old old stubby tailed hunks of steel.. but now its Frameback time. I really like framebacks, in that they combine lightness and stiffness all together, making for a real performance razor. A 10/8 super-wedge will slice through razors like theyre not there, and a tiny super hollowed out solingen razor will whip around your face like a sportscar, but a frameback will combine these two to give you an amazing combination of the two. So lets see the framebacks you're working with!

I guess I shouldn't post my Japanese frameback, then. It gives a singing razor a run for its money. Also, it's Japanese. :001_rolle

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
As I make it out...

Le Chef des Tranchants

HORS - CONCOURS
PARIS - LONDRES

TERRIERE
ACHEFBOJTO(?:bored:) DEUX - SEVRES

"Le Chef des Tranchants" would be the "Chief of Edges" or something like it if I keep it in the context it's a razor.

Hors - Concours is a no contest
Paris - Londres = Paris - London

Terriere - I'm unsure how to translate this one with a straight razor in mind. A Terrière usually refers to an underground nest for something like a groundhog, so a Burrow.

Achefbojto (?) Deux (two) - Sevres (Sèvres - southwestern suburbs of Paris, France)

I found this finished auction but I doubt it's the same maker...
http://cgi.ebay.it/RASOIR-Coupe-Cho...FR_CP_Beaute_Homme_Rasage&hash=item19c330fea4

Top Bottom